Newtown Police Chief to testify at R.I. House gun hearing

The gun grabbers are trying to bring more emotions to town, what will be next?
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The police chief from Newtown, Conn., will testify in support of gun control legislation at Wednesday's hearing before the House Judiciary Committee.
Police Chief Michael Kehoe will speak about the impact of gun violence in his town, where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed in a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December.
Governor Chafee, Senate President M. Teresa Paiva Weed, and House Speaker Gordon Fox have said that the school shooting spurred them to draft bills to combat gun violence.
But the bills found fierce opposition from gun lobbyists and gun enthusiasts at last Thursday's hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Gun rights supporters are holding a rally at 2 p.m. Wednesday outside the State House.
Newtown Police Chief to testify at R.I. House gun hearing | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

I wonder how many times his testimony will include the voice cracks, choking up, moments to regain composure, etc., all calculated by psychologists and speech coaches for maximum heart-tugging dramatic impact.

I wonder how many times his testimony will include the voice cracks, choking up, moments to regain composure, etc., all calculated by psychologists and speech coaches for maximum heart-tugging dramatic impact.

Let me write the section for the Providence Journal: "In moving testimony, the Police Chief of Newtown, where over 20 children were slaughtered in December, recounted the devastating impact military style hi-power weapons can have." [puke]

I wonder who invited him and who will be paying his expenses?

Maybe the state can foot the bill for flying in someone from Texas who supports then 2nd Amendment

Maybe the focus of the testimony of others should be that the kids were unprotected for 20 minutes until the police showed up with guns.
+1
Well said Jason Flare, well said! Basically it was a target rich environment for that piece of shit that murdered those children. Gun free zones = no resistance to criminals!

I like how one of the reps asked about the assault weapons ban ct had in place when the shooting occurred. Guy was blindsided.

I'll give credit to the committee for actually asking questions like this instead of just letting law enforcement rattle on with their talking points.
One important thing to remember, we have legislators that support our cause. It's good to acknowledge their support, and give them the tools to help us by showing up in large numbers as we did yesterday.

One important thing to remember, we have legislators that support our cause. It's good to acknowledge their support, and give them the tools to help us by showing up in large numbers as we did yesterday.

This is true. I spoke to my Rep. on Tuesday and he acknowledged that he was against the package heading into the testimony although he did stress that he would listen to all the speakers in attendance on Wednesday. I made a point to let him know I was glad that my district was represented on the commmittee and thanked him for listening to my point of view.

under the House rules it has to be posted again for the committee to reconcider it and then it goes to the full house then the Senate committee then the full Senate so I don't believe it can just be slid thru in 15 min, but this is RI so hang on for another couple weeks and keep vigilant!

Just be careful, every bill in CT was killed in committee too. Then look what happened.

Looking like an unhappy population with loss of Jobs and taxable income to the state all moving south to Texas leaving crime, welfare, high energy costs, high taxes, and back room deals behind.
Guess all some companies needed was a wake up call to open their eyes.

They caused solid, honorable people to move to other states?

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Sadly this currently means relocating for me as it appears not many of my fellow man are ready to pursue replacement of our current government.

My rep asked a couple of questions that he got from a abbreviated testimony before the hearing, and I am glad I sent him that (and the rest of the committee). It was also nice to see the members grilling the witnesses early on, they were much tougher than the Senate although the Senate is more gun friendly than the House.

Back
Top Bottom