Process to SBS my saiga 12

Is it worth it? Or should I just have the barrel cut down by a smith and have them solder my flash hider on to give me the 18" minimum length?

Also, is NH the same for nfa stuff as it is for ltc's as in shall issue? I'm in Manchester if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are in NH you can SBS it and do whatever the hell you want with it.

In MA an SBS app is likely to fail anyways because there is no factory SBS and the NFA branch will think it violates the "sawed off shotgun" ban in MA.

-Mike

You're going to have some work getting it to run reliably after you chop that down, just a heads up. A good smith can get it running for you though. As said above, you're going to need to form 1 it. Fingerprint cards, passport photos, chief sign off (they all sign around here) and then a 6-7 month wait before you can chop it.

Just converted my saiga...wow it would be a beast with an 8" barrel! I am in Plaistow...I've never asked if the Cleo would sign off on a sbs, sbr or suppressor...how commonly will they sign off in NH? Is it 100% optional for them?

If you are in NH you can SBS it and do whatever the hell you want with it.

In MA an SBS app is likely to fail anyways because there is no factory SBS and the NFA branch will think it violates the "sawed off shotgun" ban in MA.

-Mike

So a Serbu Super Shorty is out of the question? For some reason I have always wanted one!

So a Serbu Super Shorty is out of the question? For some reason I have always wanted one!

Generally, it's a no-go in MA, but not due to being a "sawed-off shotgun" (Federally, it's an AOW).

In fact, it's not a "sawed-off shotgun" under MA law, as it is manufactured from a virgin receiver, not made from an existing shotgun.

However, under MA law it is considered a "firearm" (i.e. handgun), and as such, it must appear on the EOPSS list and be AG compliant.

Though, in theory, one could be introduced into MA by someone moving in with it or via inheritance.

Back
Top Bottom