prices and places to have a barrel prepared for and then welded with a muzzle break

Does anyone have some ideas as to who does this sort of thing, approximate prices and turnaround times? Thanks. Oh yeah in MA.

Last edited:
If you have the muzzle device Remsport charges 35 bucks and they can do it on the spot in a couple hours if you stop in, and they'll give you a look around the place. Great experience, I'd recommend them.

Mike

That is who I most likely will go to. Although they are far from me and the barrel isn't threaded on the outside to accommodate a muzzle break so that adds time and money. What brand and or model muzzle break do you guys recommend for an ar? Thanks for the responses thus far.

That is who I most likely will go to. Although they are far from me and the barrel isn't threaded on the outside to accommodate a muzzle break so that adds time and money. What brand and or model muzzle break do you guys recommend for an ar? Thanks for the responses thus far.

Find the one that is the most visually appealing to you. Recoil reduction is not too important in a .223.

Ehh... Watch it. In MA it can't be classified as a flash-hider. So you need to MAKE SURE it is a muzzle brake.

If you need threads cut, I believe it will be over 100 bucks as that is a big job. Out of curiosity, how long is the barrel? If it is over 16 inches you could probably find a muzzle brake that attatches with set screws as it wouldn't need to be pinned (over legal length, and no exposed threads).

Mike

If in Eastern MA, I would give a call to Zero Hour Arms. They might be able to do it for you.

Dave Santurri in N. Attleboro did one for me, also did a nice job grinding off the bayo lug. Very nice work and cost about a hundred bucks. My barrel was threaded however.

Back
Top Bottom