Preban Uzi Question

Hey guys, so i have a preban uzi model a and was wondering if its legal to replace the 16 inch barrel with a 10.2 inch barrel, or would it go against the awb if i do so?

Attachments

• 07FA73DA-DB44-489F-B8CB-FB5742E09181.jpeg
    07FA73DA-DB44-489F-B8CB-FB5742E09181.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 52
Hey guys, so i have a preban uzi model a and was wondering if its legal to replace the 16 inch barrel with a 10.2 inch barrel, or would it go against the awb if i do so?
Federal felony without an SBR stamp. Just a bit of advice- Do some basic research (this is pretty basic gun law in the US) before posting it will keep you from getting eviscerated in public around here.

I took my Uzi put a 10 1/2 inch barrel on it took off the folding stock bought another folding stock welded it shut put it back on. Now it has a look of a regular UZI but the stock doesn’t open.
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I built it myself as a pistol.
So basically it’s a pistol with what I’m calling a pistol stock.

RC

I took my Uzi put a 10 1/2 inch barrel on it took off the folding stock bought another folding stock welded it shut put it back on. Now it has a look of a regular UZI but the stock doesn’t open.
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I built it myself as a pistol.
So basically it’s a pistol with what I’m calling a pistol stock.

RC
Interesting, I would agree that’s it’s legal if the stock doesn’t deploy.

If you are referring to ME as "others" you are incorrect.

I built my own UZI from parts kit on a clean receiver. I built it as a pistol and even have it laser engraved as pistol.
I have a 10.5" barrel on it and that non-functioning collapsed stock.
There are other pistols out there (different gun designs) that have done the same. They have folding stocks on them that are welded closed.
Matter of fact. Once I posted my "pistol stock" idea, an UZI parts supplier stole my idea and started selling them.

OP needs to buy one of those fake display barrels for "the look."

RC

But also doesn't know if 50s are legal in MA
Dont confuse OP with @Lxpony . Lxpony is the one trolling asking if SBRs are even legal which is the piece of the thread I was responding top. The OP is the one asking stupid questions in 19 different threads, one of them about 50BMG sniper rifles...

Interesting, I would agree that’s it’s legal if the stock doesn’t deploy.
I would say it is still illegal, for two reasons:

First, it started as a rifle and a rifle it will remain. Just like a shotgun. You cannot slap a pistol grip on it and make it no longer a shotgun (Shockwave came exactly as it is).

Second, and this is the stupid part, there is no minimal length of a stock. The stock is still a stock even though it is no longer functional or useful as such.

Back
Top Bottom