• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre ban or Post ban Glock mag?

VERY bad info and a Federal Felony!

Just to add to LenS's comment. If you were to go out west, you could easily buy any firearm you wanted from an individual. In most of the country, states do not regulate sales between non-licensees. And the ATF does not get involved in the sale of firearms between non-licensees.

So a gun transaction literally goes like this in most western states: 1) you give him money 2) he gives you a gun.
Done. No background check. No IDs need to be shown. No paperwork needs to be completed. This, by the way is the "gun show loophole" that many federal politicians refer to.

But just because its done, does not mean its legal. The ATF requires that you purchase guns from a dealer when you are out of your home state, and even then, only long guns.

As far as things like mags and ammo, Mark from MA is entirely right. You can buy any of that stuff you want when out of MA. They are completely unregulated by most states and also unregulated by the feds.

Don

VERY bad info and a Federal Felony!

Sorry guys. Your right i wasnt clear. I wasnt talking about handguns. Just mags only which i though was the jist of this thread. I assumed the op was already clear about not buying handguns or non awb compliant rifles across state lines.

Last edited:
Sorry guys. Your right i wasnt clear. I wasnt talking about handguns. Just mags only which i though was the jist of this thread. I assumed the op was already clear about not buying handguns or non awb compliant rifles across state lines.

Having been Sciv'd or chastised in the past as I addressed only a narrow question and didn't cover every possible scenario, what I've learned here is that most don't read thru a thread and just randomly jump on a response. So w/o covering specific detail we run the risk that someone will take our info out of context and create an inadvertent felony for himself. Thus we try to be crystal clear whenever possible.

Back
Top Bottom