Pre-ban lower into complete rifle, FA10?

So, let's say this is all hypothetical... just in case.

I have several genuine pre-ban (pre-'94) Bushmaster stripped lower receivers that I never FA10'd because, well, they're not firearms capable of firing a shot.

Under the AG's new redefinitions, is it still legal to build these lowers into complete rifles? Should I FA10 them upon completion?

EDIT: To clarify, these weren't stripped lowers when new. They left the factory as complete rifles. I purchased them years later as stripped lowers.

Last edited:
jiFfM.jpg

I have several genuine pre-ban (pre-'94) Bushmaster stripped lower receivers that I never FA10'd because, well, they're not firearms capable of firing a shot.

Under the AG's new redefinitions, is it still legal to build these lowers into complete rifles? Should I FA10 them upon completion?

no

Huh? They were complete Bushmaster rifles when new. I purchased them as stripped receivers a few years back.

You can try contacting Bushmaster, and they might be able to tell you what configuration they left the factory as, but even if they were

assembled as a complete firearm prior to 9/13/94, by Healys rules, it's too late to build them up and register them.

You can try contacting Bushmaster, and they might be able to tell you what configuration they left the factory as, but even if they were

assembled as a complete firearm prior to 9/13/94, by Healys rules, it's too late to build them up and register them.

Hold on , she mentions nothing in Registrations

Edit: And 7 days of "Being built" . Yes Dupe it is

Last edited:
Hold on , she mentions nothing in Registrations
She doesn't, but she's calling lowers assault rifles now and per the preexisting law, rifles have to be registered within 7 days. And the 7 days are up. And this thread becomes a dupe of the other huge thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So does the fact that it's a true pre-ban (by the letter of the law - September 13, 1994) not make a difference?

She doesn't, but she's calling lowers assault rifles now and per the preexisting law, rifles have to be registered within 7 days. And the 7 days are up. And this thread becomes a dupe of the other huge thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
She doesn't say you can't modify your existing assault rifle, also now known as stripped lowers, per her edict from above.

Still, the right answer is do what you want. The rule of law has died anyway.

EDIT: To clarify, these weren't stripped lowers when new. They left the factory as complete rifles. I purchased them years later as stripped lowers.

First, you're an idiot.

Second, consider your 5th amendment rights as applied in context to registration.

Third. Know that the registration system is being abused against lawful and honest gun owners at this time.

I don't even take offense to being called an idiot, I just want to know why. But I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. Don't touch the FA10 system with a 10ft pole at this time.

So does the fact that it's a true pre-ban (by the letter of the law - September 13, 1994) not make a difference?
I'm not sure anyone can know for absolute certain anymore. Our mentally ill rogue AG is making up new law on the fly.

Still, the right answer is do what you want. The rule of law has died anyway.
It has. For all these years we have complied diligently and very carefully with the laws as written. Now, it doesn't matter. We are criminals now... felons to be exact. That's how our crazy AG lady views us.

Know that the registration system is being abused against lawful and honest gun owners at this time.
Correct. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We are in a "no win" situation at this time.

But I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. Don't touch the FA10 system with a 10ft pole at this time.
Certainly not at this point in time. The AG's deadline has passed. 7 days past the AG's deadline has passed. It would appear that any use of the FA-10 system at this point in time in order to register a potentially "illegal" gun (in the eyes of our out-of-control rogue AG) would be terribly risky.

Back
Top Bottom