• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prager University: How the War in Vietnam was Won and Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEESUS CHRIST!.......I thought you might be a Vietnam Veteran.......and was ready to respect your viewpoint about Vietnam and maybe learn something from your viewpoint!

With all due respect for your service, (and I really mean that)...please stay the hell out of threads you don't know a GODDAMN thing about!
The attitude of "you can't say anything if you weren't there" is pure Bravo Sierra. It's not true when it comes to criticizing art if you can't paint, or criticizing police abuse if you've never been a cop, or griping about an athlete's performance when you couldn't do one tenth as well.

And it's sure not true that no one is entitled to have an opinion about Vietnam unless they served there. Surely you have opinion about Korea and WWII, right?

As for why we were there: Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh coalition sought independence from France, as should be their right. Ho sought help from the U.S. to end the French occupation. Truman (and then Eisenhower) had a choice: help a destroyed WWII ally with little left except some rubber plantations in Southeast Asia, or side with independence for some little brown people with Marxist ideology.

America chose the French. Ho then turned to the Russians, whom he didn't trust, and wound up with the Chinese, whom he feared.

If America had persuaded France to allow independence, or at least remained neutral, it's likely that everything would have been settled before 1960, with only a fraction of the lives lost (and more importantly, none of them American).

Your are right......bitter because I have to listen to shit from people like you!

I didn't even give you shit.

You were the one drunk on the forum last night bitching about the PS3 thread. You give people shit all the time.

You want to be bitter about Vietnam? Go for it. The vast majority of the country is horrified by the cost of that war, and anyone thats sane would never say they wanted a single extra day in that place. I have literally never in my life heard someone say they wish we had more time in that country. Its laughable that anyone would imply we would waste more time there considering it ended just fine in the long run.

I'm sure you fought a good hard battle, but in the end it was another war that America should of never gotten into. Ironically it was you this past week that was on this forum, probably drunk, bitching and moaning about how America is always at war. Here you are saying you want more of it.

I guess shitting on people who put their ass on the line for this country is cool if you're old.

Well, as Skysoldier said im not the correct type of Veteran. I guess I'm a B-class veteran, or possibly a C-class veteran to him.

The attitude of "you can't say anything if you weren't there" is pure Bravo Sierra. It's not true when it comes to criticizing art if you can't paint, or criticizing police abuse if you've never been a cop, or griping about an athlete's performance when you couldn't do one tenth as well.

And it's sure not true that no one is entitled to have an opinion about Vietnam unless they served there. Surely you have opinion about Korea and WWII, right?

As for why we were there: Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh coalition sought independence from France, as should be their right. Ho sought help from the U.S. to end the French occupation. Truman (and then Eisenhower) had a choice: help a destroyed WWII ally with little left except some rubber plantations in Southeast Asia, or side with independence for some little brown people with Marxist ideology.

America chose the French. Ho then turned to the Russians, whom he didn't trust, and wound up with the Chinese, whom he feared.

If America had persuaded France to allow independence, or at least remained neutral, it's likely that everything would have been settled before 1960, with only a fraction of the lives lost (and more importantly, none of them American).

I can't argue this post......I only know from my own experience from 1966 to 1973.

Call it the chip on my shoulder......but I have been dealing with bullshit and lies about Vietnam for years......and I only believe the truths I saw....and the truths I know.

And it seems a lot of people don't want to agree with the truths I saw.

As we used to say in Vietnam....."It don't mean nuthin"

Eh, sound like another bitter Vietnam Vet to me.

Well, you can count me in for being another bitter Vietnam Veteran. But then you ask......why is that?

Answer: Because of uninformed, ill-informed, and misinformed people like you who have no idea about what you speak regarding Vietnam.

I didn't even give you shit.No you didn't, you just talked shit

You were the one drunk on the forum last night bitching about the PS3 thread. You give people shit all the time.I am drunk tonight too, and just as pissed off......

You want to be bitter about Vietnam? Go for it. The vast majority of the country is horrified by the cost of that war, and anyone thats sane would never say they wanted a single extra day in that place. I have literally never in my life heard someone say they wish we had more time in that country. Its laughable that anyone would imply we would waste more time there considering it ended just fine in the long run.It did? I have a lot of Vietnamese friends here that would disagree

I'm sure you fought a good hard battle, but in the end it was another war that America should of never gotten into. Ironically it was you this past week that was on this forum, probably drunk, bitching and moaning about how America is always at war. Here you are saying you want more of it.Ah?...where did I say I wanted more of it?

Well, as Skysoldier said im not the correct type of Veteran. I guess I'm a B-class veteran, or possibly a C-class veteran to him.
I never said anything of the kind....I just said you have no experience talking about Vietnam. If you think you are a class B or C veteran...well those are your words...not mine

Obviously, some people reading this thread have made up their own minds and have a lot of opinions about Vietnam.

I guess this reflects on the real problem with the Vietnam war.....people were lied to about the Vietnam war....it was all a war of lies.

Walter Cronkite lied.....John Kerry lied.....Jane Fonda lied...

I was a grunt in the jungle...and my officers lied to me too!

I go into bar's and meet fake posers, and they lie....

Teachers teach kids in school today about Vietnam...and they lie.

But the only people I have ever met that didn't lie to me about Vietnam are the Vietnamese people that I have met since the war.

I worked for a company back in Albuquerque that hired a bunch of Vietnamese immigrants.

I got to know them well, and they were the only ones who ever told me the truth about Vietnam.

They told me things I didn't even know...and I was there.

So it is true...I get pissed off every time I hear lies about Vietnam.

Dench has expressed a lot of opinions here about Vietnam.....and I got pissed off.

But he was just repeating the lies he has learned.....it isn't his fault.......

So I am going to drop this thread....it don't mean nuthin....

But, Dench......I never demeaned your service....I appreciate it, believe me I do....

But don't ever again try to tell me the truths about Vietnam......because you don't know the truths of Vietnam

Nuff said!

Last edited:

And just where did you get that education?.......just curious[rofl][rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom