PPK/s jams with snap caps

My brand new unfired PPK/s .380 jams when I try to use A-Zoom snap caps. I tried two different mags. and the same thing, the 1st snap cap feeds, but won't eject and the second one jams.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

I would not use that as a gauge of it's reliability... I usually cycle a mag or two of real ammo to make sure all's well on a new gun... But I hold no responsibility if you try it...

I have a S&W manufactured PPK and have never had a jam in over 500 shots. What I did notice at first was scarred up brass.After 100 or so rounds it went away(and so did the burr that was causing it I guess). Check for scratches on the snap caps or empty brass.

My brand new unfired PPK/s .380 jams when I try to use A-Zoom snap caps. I tried two different mags. and the same thing, the 1st snap cap feeds, but won't eject and the second one jams.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

At least you will get practice clearing jamns which you are going to have to get used to doing with that gun lol. All joking a side snap caps not working dont mean anything some guns have a hard time hand cycling live ammo

Shoot it and see what happens.

.380 blowbacks and other small pistols often behave illogically when hand cycling ammo.

-Mike

I had an S&W .380 PPK that would cause 2 cartridges to eject and jam if you did not pull the slide properly or if the trigger was pulled before chambering a round on a fresh mag.

Last edited:
Go to the range and put as many different types of ammo you can through it. Find out what it likes and doesn't. After 300-500 rounds if it's still having issues then be concerned.

Back
Top Bottom