PPK Recall Update

I just called Walther about my PPK. I had sent mine in before the recall due to a malfunction (coincidentally). Then the recall hit. Needless to say, even thought I got in early my firearm is still at their shop.

I just called them today, Customer Service said they were just starting work on the PPK's this week. So considering the 12 week lead time I experienced, if any of you are wondering when you will see your firearm back I would say probably not before August.

But they ARE starting work on the PPK's this week.

I had a misfire

Thanks for the update, it looks like it will be a while. I have to say I'm not sure I will ever trust the gun ever again...So it will either be a safe queen or I'll be selling it for something better,

You wanna know the scary part? I was at the range one day and I was doing a drill where I shoot, then pull the gun back to a ready position and flip on the safety...the damn gun went OFF! I was practicing safety and the bullet hit the backstop of course...but shit I was shocked! I thought it was oper-error and maybe I hit the trigger somehow while it was in SA mode before I hit the safety...but I find out later that was the reason for the recall!!!!

Incidentally I sent mine in during February for a completely unrelated defect.

Still I agree that it will be hard to trust that gun again. Imagine shooting some innocent bystander trying to make your gun safe after or during an incident...man. [frown]

WOW! that's scary, I'm glad that didn't hurt you or anyone. My PPKs range experiences are usually like this. click, click, click, BANG, click, BANG it is totally un-reliable and would never trust it to as a carry weapon.

Sad.. is this SW or interarms here?? Did SW just buy all of the interarms machines and go into production??

Mine was going back ANYWAY when the recall was announced. I had just finished my first day at the range with it since the purchase and while cleaning it, the rear sight fell off.

I wasn't happy about that, but while I was firing it at the range, it always fired, never jammed, and no ADs.

How's that for seeing the glass as half-full?

Maybe it's not an Interarms OR an SW.. maybe it's a new and exciting company...
Inter-Wesson..
Maybe they sub out to H&R and Jennings/ lorcin

PPK

what is wrong with S&W? cvasnt they design and make a decent gun.they have a long history of odd guns.some one should make the colt pocket pistol.I have on and it is great to carry.so is the mod 37.and get rid of most of the massive models.make a few good ones.the europeans seem to do just fine on their repos.course americans have to have the bells and whistles.

Ironically

I sent mine in January before the recall...for other reasons.

I STILL have not seen it yet. A supervisor was going to bump it up in line last week. Hows that working out for me? 6 months almost. Glad I bought a PPS, now I have a new safe queen. *sigh* When I get it back.

I too just received my PPK/S back from Houlton ME...FedEx 2 Day. Same deal, replaced safety / decocker and polished the feed ramp.
The CEO's worthless brother in law must be in the basement with the job of polishing the feed ramp on very gun that comes through regardless of the repair.

The trigger seems about what I remember. Still gritty rubbing when you pull back the hammer though.

I sent it in around end of March.

www.waltherppks.com

Wow, some of those return times are very long.

Follow my Walther return saga and get some additional Walther tidbits at Walther PPK/S

I hope that my return time is better than 6 months, LOL.

PPK is solid

I don't think I have ever heard good things about the PPK... I'll never buy one!

Despite the Smith & Wesson Recall the PPK & PPK/S are solid handguns. They shoot accurately with little recoil and the simple design allows one to field strip in seconds.

If you get a chance to shoot one and examine the design you may change your mind.

I've got an Interarms stainless PPK/s. I've had it for years and it's one of my favorite carry guns for summer months.

A few years back it started to develop problems with hammer follow, but I've since fixed that with new parts from S&W. I'm going to replace the hammer anyways, even though the gun works perfect with the parts I already replaced (trigger bar and sear). The hammer has been on back order for over 2 months now. I'm told by one of the customer service people at S&W that production of the new hammer is what's holding up so many folks' return of their pistol.

Hang in there. They'll get to you.

(I'm glad mine's not a S&W though.)

Despite the Smith & Wesson Recall the PPK & PPK/S are solid handguns. They shoot accurately with little recoil and the simple design allows one to field strip in seconds.

If you get a chance to shoot one and examine the design you may change your mind.

FWIW, after receiving my wife's PPK/S from the factory for the recall, it became even pickier about ammo. At minimum, 1 FTF in every magazine through 50 rounds today, where we have 1 FTF in a box of 50 before. All this after they supposedly polished the feed ramp.

It was sold back to Four Seasons today and became the down payment on a P22 for her. Just a bad show.

I know at least one other person who had a PPK and hated it.

FWIW, after receiving my wife's PPK/S from the factory for the recall, it became even pickier about ammo. At minimum, 1 FTF in every magazine through 50 rounds today, where we have 1 FTF in a box of 50 before. All this after they supposedly polished the feed ramp.

Had mine at the range last week for the first time since I got it back. It is jamming much more often, even on FMJ/ball ammo.

What people's opinions of the Sig 232 vs PPK. A PPK clone is not high on my wish list but I'd like one at some point. With all these problems with the PPK I was curious if the problem was in the base design or in the manufacturing?

Sorry you guys are having trouble.

I had a PPK for a few years (S&W) and never had any problems with it. Another gun I should have never sold (stupid, stupid, stupid)!!

Jason, at the time I bought the PPK and my Dad bought an 232. They are both nice. His 232 felt better in the hand, had great sights (factory sig NS), but was longer/bigger. I thought the PPK was better looking though (if that matters). If you are big night guy, steer clear of the PPK. Although the pistol is more of a "pointer" anyways. In spite of this thread, I actually think they are both nice. Handle both, shoot both and then decide.

The .380 is a snappy little round with the blowback designs and I'm not sure how much of a show stopper it is; however, both those pistol conceal great. I used to carry my PPK when I was in close contact with people (parties, etc) and even with just a t-shirt on I knew that no one would notice the pistol. As I said, I regret selling mine.

Finally got mine back after 3.5 months. The gun functions the way it did before. I do question the necessity of ramp polishing consideing that it looks like someone took a hand file to it instead of a polishing wheeel. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom