PPC match at MVGC Friday Jan 16th

clerk.mvgc

NES Member
PPC match at MVGC Friday Jan 16th, 7 pm. All shooters welcome, you do not need to be a MVGC member. Info on PPC matches can be found here: http://www.mvgunclub.com/ppc.htm

We will do a safety meeting and explanation of the match stages before the match begins. Beginners are very welcome, we'll have folks there to help those that never shot PPC before. Needed equipment, rules and stages of fire can be found at the above link. Directions to and info about MVGC at www.mvgunclub.com Hope to see some NES folks there!

PPC match at MVGC Friday Jan 16th, 7 pm. All shooters welcome, you do not need to be a MVGC member. Info on PPC matches can be found here: http://www.mvgunclub.com/ppc.htm

We will do a safety meeting and explanation of the match stages before the match begins. Beginners are very welcome, we'll have folks there to help those that never shot PPC before. Needed equipment, rules and stages of fire can be found at the above link. Directions to and info about MVGC at www.mvgunclub.com Hope to see some NES folks there!

Please check your course of fire description. It states you require shooting left hand barricade with the right hand and right hand barricade with the left hand, Is this a mis print??

Are there restrictions on the type of firearms you can use? I didn't see anything about it in the description other than revolver or semi in at least 9mm

If you're shooting from the left barricade, maybe you're shooting from the right side of it with your right hand.

Vice versa for the other side?

Please check your course of fire description. It states you require shooting left hand barricade with the right hand and right hand barricade with the left hand, Is this a mis print??

This is correct. You stand behind the barricade to your right and fire with the left hand controlling the trigger. (You may still use 2 hands) Then switch to the right hand barricade and shoot with the left hand controlling the trigger (again, you may still use 2 hands).

I can see where the confusion is resulting. In our ports the barricades are hinged to swing into the port when needed. While you are shooting from the LEFT barricade, your are actually peeking out from the right side of that barricade. Hope that makes sense.

Are there restrictions on the type of firearms you can use? I didn't see anything about it in the description other than revolver or semi in at least 9mm

Hi underwhere. I don't know what other restriction might apply. You can use a revolver that holds more than 6 but you can only load 6 rds. You can use a hi cap auto but still you can only load 6. Magnums are OK, we just ask that you lower power loads (ie .38 spec in a .357 mag, .44 spec in a .44 mag, etc)

.32 spec, .380, .38, .357, 9 mm, .357 sig, .40 S&W, 10 mm, .41 mag, .44 spec, .44 mag, .45 ACP, etc are all legal, there is no "power factor" applied.

If you have several guns in your collection to choose from, .38 special revolver with target wadcutters or a .45 ACP with target semiwadcutters are ususally the winning gun, although any fairly accurate handgun can do well. S&W model 52's (semi auto 38 in .38 spec target gun) is also a top choice (if you can find/afford one, lol). The availabiltiy of speedloaders to fit a particular revolver eliminate some of them.

Hope I covered your question, if not, feel free to ask.

Ok that's exactly what I wanted to know thanks.
Thinking of bringing my Glock 34 or my Kimber target

My all-time favorite shooting game - like it even better than pin shooting, especially when it's outdoors with targets out to 50 yards. (50 feet indoors is much better than nothing) I will be there for sure with a 625. Whitey 625 you gotta do this with your revolver. And shoot slow, slow, slow there's plenty of time.

John

This is correct. You stand behind the barricade to your right and fire with the left hand controlling the trigger. (You may still use 2 hands) Then switch to the right hand barricade and shoot with the left hand controlling the trigger (again, you may still use 2 hands).

I can see where the confusion is resulting. In our ports the barricades are hinged to swing into the port when needed. While you are shooting from the LEFT barricade, your are actually peeking out from the right side of that barricade. Hope that makes sense.

I understand what you say now but having shot PPC (admittedly some time ago) it was always explained left hand from the left side of the barricade, right hand from the right side thus my confusion with the description. Thanks

I'm going to bump this thread up, match to be held tomorrow night Jan 16th, 7pm start, I'll be at the club by 6 or so for those that want to come early. I'll be available for walk throughs/stage & rules explanations, etc.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys there!

The match was held last nite, 20 shooters shot on 3 relays. A number of NES guys were there, was great to see some of you again and meet some new shooters. We have decided to run a PPC match on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7pm through May and Steel or pins on the 4th Friday of each month also Thtrough May.

PPC will be $5.00 per shooter with 2.00 going to targets and the remaining paid out. Steel against the clock same deal. Pins or steel man on man $2.00 per relay with $4.00 per relay to the club for expenses and $12.00 paid out $8.00 for 1st and $4.00 for 2nd

PPC match results are on the club's website www.mvgunclub.com

As always, all shooters are welcome to attend these matches.

Back
Top Bottom