• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: M14 Build- How Will It Shoot?

M14 Build- How Will It Shoot?

• DOA - No signs of life, LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 6 MOA or higher. Minute of barn door...

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 4 - 6 MOA. Sewer pipe accuracy.

• 1 -3 MOA. Good.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Sub MOA - Laser!

• Total voters
First group of 3 I think a bit under 1-1/2- that's the one with a couple on top of each other. All pretty similar.

When single loading, I did have a couple fail to feed all the way in. Racked it back a little and they went in no problem. Might have been the way I put the rounds in, a magazine issue, or perhaps something interfering with the stock. Did not do a tilt test with the action in the stock- barely had time to stuff the replacement trigger in it before heading to the range yesterday. Tilt AOK outside of the stock.

Futzing around with it as much as I did, I wasn't betting on the knurls holding forever and used a little JB Weld to further secure the op rod guide.

Fun project & Bula's sale made it a no-brainer. I built the sub-MOA AR in 6.5 CM to fill the modern large bore accuracy niche, so one M14/M1A is probably enough for me. If I ever built another I'd definitely use Bula again. Really nice people to deal with, too.

First group of 3 I think a bit under 1-1/2- that's the one with a couple on top of each other. All pretty similar.

When single loading, I did have a couple fail to feed all the way in. Racked it back a little and they went in no problem. Might have been the way I put the rounds in, a magazine issue, or perhaps something interfering with the stock. Did not do a tilt test with the action in the stock- barely had time to stuff the replacement trigger in it before heading to the range yesterday. Tilt AOK outside of the stock.

Futzing around with it as much as I did, I wasn't betting on the knurls holding forever and used a little JB Weld to further secure the op rod guide.

Fun project & Bula's sale made it a no-brainer. I built the sub-MOA AR in 6.5 CM to fill the modern large bore accuracy niche, so one M14/M1A is probably enough for me. If I ever built another I'd definitely use Bula again. Really nice people to deal with, too.
Any one know if bula is making the BM59 receiver? I much rather go that route for mag fed

IMG_0784.jpg

Typical 3 shot groups, though all the others were vertically spread. Off the bench, 100 yds.

Now the real test will be getting 10 shot groups below 1.5 MOA.

As long as the stock is solid, I have yet to have trouble replicating bench group size via going to prone. Only had one rifle that was a problem, and there were stock issues.

Looks like your ready to run in the Nov service rifle match.
If all goes well I will have the 308 grand build ready for Nov service rifle.

Back
Top Bottom