• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police officer was justified in shooting unarmed, naked man, 37, who was charging toward him before being killed, New Hampshire Attorney General says

I didn't watch because dude covered in blood charging was enough for me to call it good. Was he really armed too?
They did not have it right back in the day lol. Not even remotely. Wrapping someone's arms in a straight jacket throwing them in a padded room for 24 hours a day with no bathroom is a horrible way to treat someone. The only thing it did was keep the problem out of sight out of mind for the normals.

F*** any state run detention center especially ones that can house you against your wil.
If you can’t play well with others, and you go out looking for it. You should be separated from freedom. Or cast away on a deserted island.

Did anyone read past the headlines?
The guy was armed - shoot was good.
Crazy, naked and threatening an armed person with a bludgeoning weapon - Son, you gonna meet Jesus
Or Satan.

Doesn't answering the door naked connate a little crazy? Blood and feces sort of confirmation?

We need to seriously consider bringing back the insane asylums.

I really gotta disagree here. The abuse and neglect that happened at state asylums was terrible. They got closed for human rights violations. I don't care if someone's insane, they're either safe to be in the general population, or they've previously commited a violent offense and clearly pose a threat to people around them.

no shit.
the people, in the past, who were locked up there....are now just called "the homeless".

they are not just homeless, they are CRAZY and choose to be homeless. Building shelters and low income housing for them is not going to work, they PREFER to be homeless.

Doctor Drew has a long set of videos on the problem
Who would clean up the taxpayer funded housing. I’ve been in apartments of these type people and it smells of rotten food and fabreeze.

My friend is a cop, he had to restrain a a 100 lb naked woman who was high on something on a rooftop in NYC. He's not an MMA figher, but he has some skills with military and police training.
She gave him trouble and sent him to the hosipital with bites and scratches. Luckily her blood tests came up clean. He was sweatin that he got HIV from the bites.
Don't underestimate a crazy person, especially when naked and on drugs.
Funny we only hear about the shootings, he told me that scenario would play out daily in NY. Some of the stories he told me I'm surprised how much restraint they do have.

Exactly, just because someone looks sick, skinny, malnourished doesn’t mean they won’t put up a fight when it’s time for that person to leave.

I really gotta disagree here. The abuse and neglect that happened at state asylums was terrible. They got closed for human rights violations. I don't care if someone's insane, they're either safe to be in the general population, or they've previously commited a violent offense and clearly pose a threat to people around them.
If you see how many of them are living now you might reconsider.
Yes some of them were horrible places , but that could have been fixed.
We have had to go into places with Tyvek suits and respirators because of the conditions .
And this is what they are living in.
Some of them are pron to violent behavior and live in filth between jail sentences with no one looking after them.
One of our guys had to testify on a zoom court hearing for a homeless shelter as to the horrific conditions in this guy's room there and the guy kept interrupting screaming about his brain being hacked and being dream murdered.
Some of them are bad enough that we insist that they are out of the unit so we don't have to turn our backs on them while working.

Jail isn't going to help them and they are not fit to be on their own.
At least when the institutions were open there was a place they could be that they were no danger to anyone else and they were being fed right and clean.

If you can’t play well with others, and you go out looking for it. You should be separated from freedom. Or cast away on a deserted island.
Here's the issue... who decides if you can't play well with others... I have an aunt who's a ward of the state. She has down syndrome and dementia. This is on my inlaws side but the struggle they went through with her was so f***ed up it would bring you to tears.

Do I have an issue with insane asylums... in principle no... in practice you bet your damn ass I do

Back
Top Bottom