Please remove the laser bore sight before....

Damn!

I've seen plenty of pictures of other mishaps and kabooms before, but I've never seen a barell split like that.

Looks like it's from a Bugs Bunny cartoon when Bugs sticks his finger in Elmer Fudds gun barell and he pulls the trigger.

Well, +1 for savage rifles... at least the gun blew up at that end and not at the
bolt/reciever/stock end.

-Mike

They need to try that one on Mythbusters....

They did! Quite a while ago as a matter of fact. They could NOT get a gun barrel to split like that, even when solidly sealing the barrel of a 12ga, and blasting away. I think the most they were able to achieve was a large bulge in the end of the barrel.

Adam

When I worked in a retail gun shop in the 80s, I saw a 12 ga. that had come apart pretty badly when it was fired after the shooter accidently dropped a live 20 ga. shell into the chamber and it slid into the barrel.

We have had people who left the rod in their muzzleloader. Might require a change in shorts after that.....

Good thing Wal-Mart sells them in those multi-packs......

This doesn't look like an obtainable result without some assistance. It looks more to me like someone "peeled" back the barrel before the photo was taken.

I wonder if the laser was on before he pulled the trigger, if it was what did he think that red dot on the target was? I also think the barrel had some hand work to get it to the position in the picture.

We have had people who left the rod in their muzzleloader. Might require a change in shorts after that.....

Good thing Wal-Mart sells them in those multi-packs......

Back when I was a member of the First Congress of New England Muzzle Loaders, I saw the results of several attemps to fire a rifle with the rod still in the barrel. Now thats a heavy projectile! Just picture the recoil level. [rofl]

I looked at the next months page, it shows some guy going into a store and pulling his gun out and droping it right onto the counter and into the sale clerks hands, then you see the bad guy go oh sh&t and runs out of the store. I'd like to no the tail that the bad guy told his buddies :).

Back
Top Bottom