Played with the camera after cleaning guns from the Milsurp Shoot.

stoneypete

NES Member
WWI
HPIM2052.jpg

WWII
HPIM2055.jpg

Here's some not too great pics:

Civil War (need a lot more!) ok it's a repro !
1858rem%20800x599.jpg

SpanAm War:

spanam%20800x599.jpg

WWI:

ww1%20800x599.jpg

WWII:
couldn't get one decent pic so there's 2, from different ends of the pile:
ww2-1%20800x603.jpg

ww2-2%20800x612.jpg

It's tough to get pics of looonnng rifles in the house !

Guess I might as well take a pic of some post WW2 stuff sometime. Then there's the hand guns.....................

If you want them all identified, I will or you can guess. There's only one of each in each pic.

Last edited:
You have too many. It think you need to let me have the S&W M1917 to "ease the load".[smile]

As for long guns in the house I tend to stand on a chair.

By the way, I left these words out of my previous post:

"In your dreams.............." :)
With my gun budget, dreams are about all I'll have this year unless I sell or trade something. I'd like to shoot yours someday if your so inclined to let me.

Last edited:
Pilgrim:

What - no French rifles? They're usually in great shape - shot once and dropped.

Actually, it looks alot like my collection - great minds think alike. Don't you hate locking them away in some dark safe where you can't see them all the time? I've got to build a "safe room" some day....

I think of this daily. I actually have a great place in my cellar...concrete on 3 walls already. It's in my plans if I ever get enough cash ahead.

I've seen cellar ones built with doors fabricated from steel stock ala prison style. Seems to work for lots of folks and isn't that hard if you have access to metal cutting tools and a mig welder.

My closet safe is very secure because the old walls were built well and plus its not accessible from sides or behind due to a chimney, cast iron radiator, and outside wall of the house. The reinforced studs I had installed for the steel door are probably stronger than most people have for front doors in their homes.

Still, even though I can stand inside there with the light on, even sit down if I wanted, I'd like to have an actual room that was as secure.
Plus I'm actually running out of space and will soon need a portable rack or two that I can roll out to get at the others.

As far as locking them away in the dark where I can't see them... I often leave the door open when I'm home with the light on so I can look in there. [smile]
My wife complains about the "old gun smell" but to me its great! You couldn't bottle that aroma of wood, metal, leather and oils in an air freshener if you tried.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom