PLAXCO'S SHOOTING PRINCIPLES

JimConway

Instructor
Paul Howe says the this is the best set of shooting rules that apply to tactical shooting.

PLAXCO'S SHOOTING PRINCIPLES
1. ACCURACY TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER SPEED.
2. SPEED IS ECONOMY OF MOTION.
3. SPEED WILL COME WITH PRACTICE (IF YOU PRACTICE TO BE FAST).
4. LET THE SIGHTS DICTATE THE CADENCE OF FIRE.
5. YOU MUST LEARN WHAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE SIGHT PICTURE AND TRIGGER CONTROL FOR THE SHOT REQUIRED.
6. SHOOT ONE SHOT AT A TIME.
7. WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, ALIGN THE SIGHTS... SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER.

I think that Paul is right. My question for all of you is who or what is a Plaxco??

Dan S.
You are a fast man, but the Amazon reference say the you may have cheated a bit
Not that there is anything wrong with cheating and winning.

I didn't cheat, I added that for clarification. I know J. Michael. A real nice guy, it almost takes a translator for his Arkansas accent though.[smile]

I wish that I had the opportunity to meet him.
His book "Shooting from Within" is a "must Read", but sometimes hard to find.
It's funny, those principals were most likely written by J. Michael concerning IPSC shooting!
I've been fortunate to have friends that are/were some of the top shooters in that game. That's how I was introduced to Plaxco, Leatham, Miculek, Koenig and a few more.

dan
You mentioned Plaxco's Arkansas accent.

About 5 years ago there was a class at Gunsite with the following instructors
Louis Awerbuck - South African
Pat Rogers - thick Bronx
Randy Cain - Tennessee
I was told that the students got a bit of culture shock especially since the instructors rotated every half hour

when I first saw this I thought it was a spoof of Plaxico Burress Shooting Principles

Like save money on holsters and use your sweat pants. etc etc

ETA: pjorg beat me to it. lol.

I didn't cheat, I added that for clarification. I know J. Michael. A real nice guy, it almost takes a translator for his Arkansas accent though.[smile]
Given Dan's background and history, he would only need to cheat to recognize the name Plaxco if he were in advanced stages of dementia, which I doubt is the case.

Back
Top Bottom