Platinum

I think if the world ever got to point where the only thing that had value was gold and silver I'd rather have an AK with a ton of ammo. I think that would trade just as well as if not better than PM.

I kind of agree. if the world is that F*cked no one is going to want gold. canned food (or medicine, or other things) will be the new gold

I believe platinum will be more valuable long term for industrial uses. I have a bit over an ounce that will probably stay in a deposit box for the distant future.

Dude, storing precious metals in a bank deposit box is a recipe for bank holiday shit storm or straight gov confiscation

Dude, storing precious metals in a bank deposit box is a recipe for bank holiday shit storm or straight gov confiscation
find spot in basement floor near utility area make two holes put gold in one and a 100 biull in the other. seal with concrete. tell will which hole has a 100 and give her a sledge hammer. after she has demonstrated her ability to get the 100 keep buying gold in the floor.

Still falling. Still haven't pulled the trigger either but tentatively watching. Down to $930ish /per. Oz.

My take is that plat is dropping since it has industrial uses above gold. And the global economy is collapsing as we speak. And plat is treated less like money, unless you're big into D&D.

I don't buy plat. I wouldn't even know a plat coin if you handed it to me. I know silver and gold. I like silver a whole lot more right now in terms of acquiring more.

Either way, I buy for when the system collapses. Which may not be until my kids reach the age of majority. Same reason I buy ammo. Both are fun. Nothing better than rubbing your gold and silver and ammo.

My take is that plat is dropping since it has industrial uses above gold. And the global economy is collapsing as we speak. And plat is treated less like money, unless you're big into D&D.

I don't buy plat. I wouldn't even know a plat coin if you handed it to me. I know silver and gold. I like silver a whole lot more right now in terms of acquiring more.

Either way, I buy for when the system collapses. Which may not be until my kids reach the age of majority. Same reason I buy ammo. Both are fun. Nothing better than rubbing your gold and silver and ammo.

Understood. I haven't read through this thread in some time but at some point I'm sure I mentioned that platinum for me would just be a small investment in diversification and by no means a survival or SHTF commodity interest.

Yes I know this is a survival forum but this seems to be where the majority of PM discussion occurs.

I see your raise and will raise you a 50-round box of .22lr.

For real SHTF the TP becomes a luxury item with way too much bulk in any quantities for mobility. Our ancestors for most of human history got by without it.

For real SHTF the TP becomes a luxury item with way too much bulk in any quantities for mobility. Our ancestors for most of human history got by without it.

True, but going backwards is going to be more difficult than many people imagine.

I'm confused, are you asking about the potential of platinum as a investment, or are you asking about a PM for financial uncertainty?

Call it a hunch, gut feeling what have you but I can only go by what I see on the surface.
Platinum is the most scarce PM in the world that sees huge fluctuations and right now it's low low low.

If you are interested in finding a way to speculate in platinum as a commodity, there are ETFs that will allow you to buy in slowly over time, kind of like dollar cost averaging.

If you thinking of a protection against future currency uncertainty, then the lesson from history is purchase gold and silver, for their acceptance and liquidity.

Back
Top Bottom