Pistol Point and ShootTraining

First off, I am NOT an Accomplished Pistol Shooter, although I do know, probably the International BEST Combat Pistol Shooter, that still hasn't helped my Pistol shooting ability.
Here is an Old Technique for Pistol Training, told to me, many many years ago. It was the Marine Corps way of getting a shooter to learn the Point and Shoot system.
You get a 6 inch wide by 6 foot long board, paint it WHITE, Mount it Horizontally about 40 inches off of the Deck. Go back 17 yards and Draw and shoot and keep drawing and shooting until you get your shots onto the board, anywhere and able to do it consistantly. This was done without Sights, but am sure that sights could be used as well.
When you have accomplished the ability to be able to shoot your shots into the Horizontal Board, get another board of the same deminsion and place it Verticle and repeat the process. Continue until you can shoot your shots into the Verticle board. anywhere. and able to do it consistantly.
Now you take Two boards and make a Cross, with the Center of the cross at 40 inches. Draw and shoot. You should be in the Center of the Crossed boards. Or shooting a 6 inch group at 17 yards.
Good Luck

First off, I am NOT an Accomplished Pistol Shooter, although I do know, probably the International BEST Combat Pistol Shooter, that still hasn't helped my Pistol shooting ability.

Really? You know Robbie? WOW. I've never met him but have hear he is a very nice guy to deal with.

Yup! I am talking Military Combat Pistol Shooting, both National and International and that would be Millard Butler. At the Winston p. Wilson matches in Little Rock, there is a trophy named after him. He is really awesome to watch and I went to Robbie's site and he looks like he can do some damn fine shooting as well. So we both know two super Pistol shooters.

Back
Top Bottom