• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PIN/PLATE PISTOL SHOOT - Independent Sportsmen's Club (3/25)

Come, join Scrivener THIS Saturday ... March 25th at a PIN & PLATE PISTOL SHOOT ... Sign up starts at 8:30am - Shooters meeting at 9:00am - Start time is 9:05am

Independent Sportsmen's Club

Club Location is at the end of: Mirimichi Rd. in Foxboro MA
Visit the club website for directions: www.independentclub.com

Reminder: BOTH the “Pistol and Rifle Ranges” are IN USE, until approximately 1:00pm, on the days of scheduled shooting events.

NEW shooters are ALWAYS welcome! (9mm will do the job here!!!)

Eye protection (with side protection) and ear protection, are required

Club membership is OPEN, and applications are available before and after the shoot, if anyone is interested in joining.

***See the other posts on the PIN/PLATE PISTOL SHOOT at Independent for more details.

Yo, GTO!

What, are you conspiring with that other "rated - X" poster to ruin our little private party? When 40 people show up to shoot and we're there all day, forcing Paul to cap attendance, we'll ALL know who to blame!

YO Scrivener! I hope you are kidding.

Firstly, everyone interested in shooting a match should know this is not a “private gathering.” The e-mail that goes out announcing this match has always said, “NEW shooters are ALWAYS welcome!” Secondly, even if it didn’t, I’d tell new people to come anyway because I want to share our sport. This match is run really well by the nicest guys you’d want to meet. It offers every bit of safety as a sanctioned match but with particular room for the entry level shooter to get hooked on action shooting. Most people have the handguns to play already, there is no drawing, and quite frankly the courses of fire are pretty easy to complete. The good shooters set the bar for how competitive it gets but it is really about fun.

If 40 people show up, “ALL” of you blame me. I don’t really care. Having a lot of people show up at a match happens. It is not the end of the world. Before any attendance cap is instituted, I imagine the worst thing that will happen is that people will only be allowed to enter with one gun. Of course, some people might leave early if the match goes long. However, most will make it run faster with the extra help. Some take the opportunity to meet new people and talk about the common interest in the down time (kind of like this forum but in person).

Anyway, that is all I have to say. I’m not going to be drawn into one of those notorious back and forth “sic” arguments.

Last edited:
GTOShootr said:
YO Scrivener! I hope you are kidding.

Well, DUH! From YOUR post regarding the last match:

"Before anyone responds, I know Keith is kidding."

Hope for warmer weather - February was COLD!

See you all there.

Sweet! Another quote!

C-pher said:

Next, I'm working on tying my shoes. I really love loafers and those velcro tabs you just swipe over with your feet, but it's time to learn new skills.

Like finding where the smilies gotten hidden........

"I was wondering how many clips you need to shoot a round of pins ?---Paul C"

Paul,
If you are asking how many magazines you will need to shoot Pin & Plate matches at the Independent Sportsman's Club in Foxboro I can give you an idea.
On any single stage you will likely need four or less (usually less) 10 round magazines. There may be only plates, pins and plates or just pins used in the match.

Respectfully,

jdkelly

Back
Top Bottom