PIN/PLATE PISTOL SHOOT - Independent Sportsmen's Club (2/25)

THIS Saturday ... FEBRUARY 25th (PIN & PLATE PISTOL SHOOT) ... Sign up starts at 8:30am - Shooters meeting at 9:00am - Start time is 9:05am

Independent Sportsmen's Club

Club Location is at the end of: Mirimichi Rd. in Foxboro MA
Visit the club website for directions: www.independentclub.com

Reminder: BOTH the “Pistol and Rifle Ranges” are IN USE, until approximately 1:00pm, on the days of scheduled shooting events.

NEW shooters are ALWAYS welcome!

Eye protection (with side protection) and ear protection, are required

Club membership is OPEN, and applications are available before and after the shoot, if anyone is interested in joining.

***See the other post on the PIN/PLATE PISTOL SHOOT at Independent for more details.

You RAT B*****D! Now EVERYONE will know about these shoots!

There will be a long line of far more competent shooters, causing me to spend all morning and half the afternoon getting my butt whipped in a forum where I can usually manage to beat at least half the field. You are ruining my fantasy.

Heck, if I wanted that, I'd shoot more IPSC!

Before anyone responds, I know Keith is kidding. He's just a real comedian. These matches are a lot of fun and those like it are important to the shooting scene. You can come with any centerfire pistol you own and learn the basics without worrying about drawing, movement, or tough shots without putting a lot of money out.

I got hooked on shooting 3 years ago after Ted Oven of Northeast Trading showed me a video of the Plate matches like this one at Mansfield on the little TV in his basement shop. From there I met 38SuperMatt, JKelly, Paul, and Scrivener, and now I'm busy shooting a match every weekend for the forseeable future. I hope we can bring a few more into the sport by putting the word out on these matches.

Come out and play, if for no other reason than to put a beat down on Scrivener ( [lol] ).

Scrivener said:
Lynne said:
Now THAT has a certain appeal that could get me to make the drive. [lol] [lol] (j/k)

I've got your "big gun" right here, Hun - neeeeee; bring it on! [wink]

Although the little girl in me would love to humiliate the hell out of you, I really would feel rather terrible watching you break down in to tears at being so embarrassed at my making you look like you've never shot before. I'll let your ego stay intact...for this shoot anyway.

[wink] [lol]

Lynne said:
Although the little girl in me would love to humiliate the hell out of you, I really would feel rather terrible watching you break down in to tears at being so embarrassed at my making you look like you've never shot before. I'll let your ego stay intact...for this shoot anyway.

[wink] [lol]

I'll bet you say that to all the boys............ [lol]

Steve,

Are these bowling pin matches or steel matches like the ones at MRA? You mentioned you don't need to draw but do most guys start with a draw or just from low ready? I won't be down this weekend but def. in the future.

Pete

It is supposed to be Pin and Plate but I noticed last month they ran only plates for some reason. I missed that match.

The shooting is all done from the low ready.

As usual, the shoot was fun even though it was small. It was cold but when people remembered to bring their gun up to the line it moved quickly and we were done by 12:30.

It was nice to see Darius and John G in addition to the usual suspects. Big thanks to Vinny for bringing out the heater. Big thanks to Matt for providing a funny story by burning his pants with it.

GTOShootr said:
As usual, the shoot was fun even though it was small. It was cold but when people remembered to bring their gun up to the line it moved quickly and we were done by 12:30.

It was nice to see Darius and John G in addition to the usual suspects. Big thanks to Vinny for bringing out the heater. Big thanks to Matt for providing a funny story by burning his pants with it.

Thanks for the kind compliment, Steve. You shot the heck outta those plates -- some truly amazing runs!

If anyone who hasn't been to an Independent pin & plate shoot, I would strongly recommend giving it a try. All you need is a handgun in some sort of major caliber, a mess of mags, and a few boxes of ammo.

The guys and occasional gal who shoot there provide some of the best, most welcoming company you could ever ask for.

One more thing: Don't let him fool you, mild-mannered Scrivener is a hell of a shot!

Last edited:
Outdoors. Only Real Men and Real Women can bear the cold. There is a bit of a shelter a few paces behind the firing line, but when the wind is up, it can get brisk.

No practice there this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom