Picked up LTC - 94 days

I picked up my LTC yesterday. 94 days. It sat at the local PD for 3-4 weeks before being sent out. How do I know? My neighbor applied 3-4 weeks AFTER me and got his within a day of me getting mine! They acknowledged that they wait until they have a "bunch" ready to go. Oh well, it is in my hands now and time to go S H O P P I N G !!

I picked up my LTC yesterday. 94 days. It sat at the local PD for 3-4 weeks before being sent out. How do I know? My neighbor applied 3-4 weeks AFTER me and got his within a day of me getting mine! They acknowledged that they wait until they have a "bunch" ready to go. Oh well, it is in my hands now and time to go S H O P P I N G !!

Congrats on the LTC!! What are you thinking thinking about purchasing first?

Some of the PDs wait until they get a stack to send them over to CHSB...[thinking] I hope you got ALP instead of some silly restrictions!

Town was Hinsdale, MA

I'm eyeing a Beretta 92FS as a target / carry. I have a friend with one who really likes his and I'll likely shoot that a bit before purchasing. The 9mm caliber will also prove nice for my wife to shoot. There's not much enjoyment for her shooting a .40 or .45. I have a lot of folks stating that the 9 is just too little power. I guess my thought is, in general, if I can squeeze off a few rounds and escape, that is the best plan.

An AR-15 is a definite as well. Probably pick both up within a month or so. If the 9 isn't adequate, the AR will be!!!

I found an interesting post about a guy who shot his AR without hearing protection....I had never actually considered the consequence or result of shooting a firearm without hearing protection...particularly in a home defense situation....being woken up and needing to react quickly.

Lots to think about now that I've exercised my rights to own firearms.

And yes......my local instructor advised me to get Large Capacity ALP!!

YEAH BABY!

Back
Top Bottom