Photos from 12/11/2008 Ice Storm

I have a shitload, but might as well share a few of what my area looked like.

IMG_3090.jpg

Wife's garden area..

IMG_3092_EDITED.jpg

If I did not move that car it would have been FUBAR!

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Wow! Nice photos but too bad the storm caused so much destruction to so many trees. I can only imagine this damage in multiples. It is still tough going for thousands of people without electric power and the ability to get around. I hope you have a chain saw, use it safely and stack some firewood. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Happy Holidays.

WOW!! That's awful. Good thing you got the car out of the way, a big branch almost landed on my stepdad's new van.

I had seen on the news earlier that about 8,900 are still without power. [sad]

What a mess. Our street here in Groton was pretty bad, but it was cleaned up remarkably quick. I was amazed that we didn't lose any trees or limbs in our yard.

I'll try to get some pics up after Xmas. I have a bunch I took for the insurance guy.

I must have moved at least 1,000 pounds of wood off my driveway.

Finally got the pictures uploaded from the storm. That, coupled with the power being restored, allows me to bring you a few visuals from my area:

In front of the house
IceStormDecember2008001.jpg

IceStormDecember2008002.jpg

IceStormDecember2008003.jpg

IceStormDecember2008004.jpg

My Jeep (yes, it's under all that shit)
IceStormDecember2008005.jpg

IceStormDecember2008008.jpg

The driveway to the barn (at Moms, across the street from me)
IceStormDecember2008009.jpg

Looking down the driveway from the garage
IceStormDecember2008013.jpg

IceStormDecember2008015.jpg

The "Mistress". Yes, she came through unscathed!
IceStormDecember2008020.jpg

Center of town (Rutland)
IceStormDecember2008026.jpg

IceStormDecember2008027.jpg

IceStormDecember2008022.jpg

IceStormDecember2008024.jpg

Rifle range at Rutland Sportsmans Club, flooded
IceStormDecember2008033.jpg

IceStormDecember2008030.jpg

Just up the road from me
IceStormDecember2008034.jpg

IceStormDecember2008035.jpg

IceStormDecember2008036.jpg

IceStormDecember2008037.jpg

IceStormDecember2008038.jpg

IceStormDecember2008039.jpg

This is the reason I haven't been here. Between riding out the storm, cutting trees, and work, I've managed to go over a week averaging only 2-3 hours of sleep a night. (I can't wait to see this weeks check, though) Last night was the first time I got any appreciable sleep, 5 hours. I'll be more active after Thursday, when my on-call cycle ends. Now to finish cleaning up all this snow.

Damn! Awesome images! Too bad the damages were so high!

Any one else find damn people grabbing downed lines? I caught a few teens trying to pick up downed wires. By the time the police arrived all they got from me was a tag#

Criminy! All I got at my house was rain!!!!

About 6 years ago I was staying at my mom's on a night it snowed heavily. Her two car attached garage joins the house in an L shape. Both her car and mine were in the garage.

Woke up next morning, looked out to see one smaller tree had fallen into the crook of the L and was blocking that door.

A large (huge, really) set of branches from the front tree had fallen and literally blocked the entire wide of the garage doors.

Based on that I could imagine what was happening in other parts of Mass and in NH. Hope there weren't personal injuries to folks.

Back
Top Bottom