Peterborough, NH Appleseed April 17-18 2010

Range: Monadnock Rod & Gun Club

Address: 595 Jaffrey Rd - Rt. 202W, Peterborough, NH 03458

When: Jan. 9-10, 2010 cancelled
April 17-18, 2010
On-site registration opens at 8 AM. Shoot starts at 8:30 AM.

Range Fee: $10 per shooter per day -- Exemptions for Youths 18 and under, active Military

Camping available: Yes, 5 primitive Contact Mark, below for reservations.

Hotels:

Jack Daniels Motor Inn - 3.7 miles away
80 Concord St, Peterborough, NH
603-924-7548
http://jackdanielsinn.com/

Grand View Inn & Resort - 6.43 miles away
580 Mountain Rd, Jaffrey, NH
603-532-9880
http://thegrandviewinn.com/

Coach & Four Motor Inn - 12.59 miles away
755 Monadnock Hwy, Swanzey, NH
603-357-3705

Directions:

From the North and East - From Peterborough take 202 South toward Jaffrey. From the 101 intersection in Peterborough, club is approx. 3.12 mi. on the right, just after Hadley Rd on the left. Go slowly, as the turn into the driveway is extremely tight.

From the South and West - From Jaffrey take 202 north toward Peterborough. From the the traffic light in Jaffrey the club is not quite 3.1 miles on the left.

MapQuest Link - Map location of the Monadnock Rod & Gun Club

Google Maps Link - Map location of the Monadnock Rod & Gun Club

GPS:
Latitude: 42.83813° (N42° 50.283')
Longitude: -71.98155° (W71° 59.167')

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws at http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

Misc: For gunsmith parts and services, bring up to $100 cash or silver. There is no clubhouse at this location. April 19th shoots feature synchronized, nationwide volleys for the fallen. Lunch available at range for a small fee. RESTAURANTS -
The Boiler House (2.6 miles away), 50 Jaffrey Rd, Peterborough, NH, 603-924-7773;
Grand Finale Bakery & Cafe (2.65 miles away), 4 Stratton Rd, Jaffrey, NH, 603-532-5678;
Sunflowers Cafe & Catering (2.68 miles away), 21 Main St, Jaffrey, NH, 603-593-3303

For More Information Contact: John (888-221-8628, [email protected]) PM Firewall99 on the RWVA Forum, for club info and camping questions, MRGCI ([email protected])

Registration Link: April - http://www.eventbrite.com/event/485049797

Progress check:

Saturday April 17th,

This is my first time out as shoot boss and my first Appleseed of the year so I was more than a little nervous as folks began showing up. We had four shooters on the line today.

IIT Andy in NH performed a memorable rendition of the powder alarms with first and second strike as well.

We had 366 rounds of well aimed fire per shooter go downrange with no safety issues from any shooters.

Redcoat targets,

This morning we had 2-100 yard shooters, 1 - 200 yard shooter, no 300 or 400 yard shooters and 1 headshot

This afternoon, we had good news; we didn't get any worse as we experienced identical results with our closing redcoats target. [thinking] [laugh]

Call me crazy but I'm an optimist.

One shooter earned RIFLEMAN. (Me so happy !)

More tomorrow. (hopefully, more RIFLEMAN! [wink])

Tom is a repeat Apple seeder who persisted and finally earned his Rifleman patch with a 214.
P4171020.jpg

Mike accepts his Young Patriot patch from Mr. Twigg.
P4171021.jpg

Shoot Boss on the prowl.
P4171019.jpg

Today dawned dark, cold and gloomy, the exact opposit of the attitudes brought by our students today.

Tom our rifleman from yesterday, cleaned the morning Redcoat !

All students demonstrated a big improvement in marksmanship over yesterday and groups were noticibly smaller.
I'd say we have several dangerous cooks.

I'm happy to announce that our newly minted rifleman, Tom accepted an orange hat and is our newest IIT.

Andy in NH has been bumped up to Instructor and earned his Red Hat today

(I did have pictures but my crappy camera isn't cooperating - apoliges.)

Total round count for the weekend was 959 rounds of well aimed fire.

To all who turned out on this wet cold weekend I say; HUZZAH ! HUZZAH ! HUZZAH !

Way to Go, Tom!

Tom, I knew you would get there. Well done. And an Orange Hat, too. Awesome!

Please contact me with your Appleseed forum name, and we'll get you all set up as an instructor-in-training (IIT).

You can PM me here or at the Appleseed forum, or you can email me. My email address is [email protected].

Welcome aboard!

Yes ...Huzzah!

Congratulations to Shoot Boss/Red Hat Dennis (MrTwigg), and to (new) Red Hat Andy. Congratulations also go to your new rifleman Tom.

The weather did not cooperate but you had a hearty bunch to work with and they seemed a dedicated lot.

We lost the pipes in the kitchen over the winter (the fuel for the furnace jelled), and consequently, the bathrooms were out of order too. Now, everything's back in order We used PEX for the replumbing to prevent future trouble. Not in time for the Appleseed, but we're ready for the next one Porta-Potty free!

Last evening, I spoke with one of your shooters who's local, and he is enthusiastic to attend his next full Appleseed or mini.

We're glad to have you here at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club.

Back
Top Bottom