Pelican Case Layout

Funny this is such a recent thread.
My brother has a ton of camera equipment, all in sweet cases with perfectly cut foam. Just a few days ago, after he made fun of the $20 Plano case I have for the AR I have $2k into, I asked him where he got/gets his Pelican cases. He pointed me to www.mycasebuilder.com They will laser cut the foam for you. You can draw it out in their program or you can import a file with the shape you want. I've only checked out the site for a few mins and am not sure what type of file you need, but I'll be figuring it out soon. I was looking at a Pelican 1720 or 1750. Their prices for the cases themselves were a little high, but you can order just the foam separately, IIRC, for like $115.

Oh and he was very insistent that the "pick and pluck" foam was defintely for douches. Just saying.

FYI: Cases Cases in Wakefield, MA is a pelican distributor, they will customize cases for you and have just about every pelican and Hardigg storm case in stock. The prices are right and you don't need to pay the crazy shipping charges for shipping these monsters. Go in, check out the sizes in person, and leave with it!!

I get my replacement foam from the Foam Factory, exact same charcoal firm foam as pelican but 1/4 the price

FYI: Cases Cases in Wakefield, MA is a pelican distributor, they will customize cases for you and have just about every pelican and Hardigg storm case in stock. The prices are right and you don't need to pay the crazy shipping charges for shipping these monsters. Go in, check out the sizes in person, and leave with it!!

I get my replacement foam from the Foam Factory, exact same charcoal firm foam as pelican but 1/4 the price

Have you had a recent experience with them? There have been less than stellar reviews in the quotes that have been mentioned here in the past.

I know most of us will cut our own but this would be beneficial to NES as a whole.

Thanks.

Have you had a recent experience with them? There have been less than stellar reviews in the quotes that have been mentioned here in the past.

I know most of us will cut our own but this would be beneficial to NES as a whole.

Thanks.

Not for any custom cutting, as you said I do that myself, But I just bought my most recent case a few weeks ago, The wife also buys all her cases for scientific equipment at her work from them, prices of the cases are competitive with anyone online and better when you factor in the lack of shipping charges, not to mention that the ability to actually look at the case in person and figure out which one will be the best for your project is priceless.

As far as custom cutting I really can't speak for them as I have never had it done, but every time I am there the customer service is stellar

Back
Top Bottom