Pelham Carbine match

Personally, I thought the stages were too biased toward guns that actually ran. I was shooting a "straight-pull, bolt-action" FAL, and I felt hindered by the stage design. [sad2]

Last edited:
There were mandatory reloads which was a bit of a PITA with an AK. Also, on
one stage there was no miss penalty with so many hits required to complete, so a large capacity magazine was handy.

There were a couple of M1 carbines

Anyone use an M1 carbine there?

Dwarven1

Actually, there were 2 of us running M1 carbines at that match. Ranges varied from about 65 yd. to almost contact distance, quite suitable for that carbine.

These kinds of matches are very good for finding out how well your equipment really does work. A lot of us think it's a good idea to have something go wrong at a match vs. another circumstance where something more than pride is on the line.

BTW, for those who chuckle about this WW II era firearm, I'ld like to point out that the M1 carbine is NOT an eviil black assault weapon. It is therefore legal in places where those evil rifles are not. I got mine specifically for that purpose.

TB

Dwarven1

Actually, there were 2 of us running M1 carbines at that match. Ranges varied from about 65 yd. to almost contact distance, quite suitable for that carbine.

These kinds of matches are very good for finding out how well your equipment really does work. A lot of us think it's a good idea to have something go wrong at a match vs. another circumstance where something more than pride is on the line.

BTW, for those who chuckle about this WW II era firearm, I'ld like to point out that the M1 carbine is NOT an eviil black assault weapon. It is therefore legal in places where those evil rifles are not. I got mine specifically for that purpose.

TB
Thanks, Brick - and a big +1 about the M1 carbine being a warm fuzzy firearm with that friendly wood stock. [laugh] Unless you live in the People's Republik of NJ, where it's an eeeeeeeevil baby-killing assault weapon and is banned by the dictatorship there. [rolleyes]

When is the next such match?

Back
Top Bottom