Patriot Ledger OP ED

Back up

I read Wendy Murphy’s column about Gabby Giffords tragedy. Now Gabby is pushing to ban guns. The Sandy Hook tragedy happened and everyone is jumping on the band wagon against guns.
This is all well and good, but here’s the problem. Where was everyone before these horrible things happened? I know there are folks out trying to ban all guns and that’s not going to happen any time soon.
I’m a responsible gun owner and I know as well as everyone knows gun control does not work. Why? Because it is not universal.
I need a LTC to buy a handgun in Massachusetts. I have to go through a rigorous background check. Town and State Police, FBI all look at my record and then it is up to the local police chief to finalize it. I think that is totally fair, and everyone should do it.
But here is the problem. Forty miles north of here is New Hampshire, and a little left of that Vermont. All you need there is a drivers license. Criminals also know this, and don’t care.
Until gun control is universal and everyone goes through a background check, gun control will not work.
BRIAN O'MEARA
Milton

...Was able to see the article.
The clown seems to think that anyone can go to NH or VT and buy any firearm. Not sure they can do this unless they have a NH or VT license (resident) at least. Oh, and what about NICS? No mention of this in the article? Are these states exempt from that?
In January I cancelled my subscription to this rag because I got sick of reading anti gun rants. The editors just purchase articles from the likes of Huffington Post and Scripps News Service for reprint. But they weight heavy against 2A.
I am not willing to fund their agenda and let them know when I called to cancel.

Another poorly written FUDD article misrepresenting facts and giving politicians horrible ideas. [thinking]

Last edited:
VTHunter, anyone who can purchase a long gun in their home state can purchase one in another state provided they meet the requirements for long gun ownership in that state. Neither VT nor NH requires a license to purchase. I legally purchased my MA compliant AR in NH by virtue of the fact that I meet the eligibility requirements of both states, in this case my MA LTC and being of legal age and clean record which is what is required in NH on compliance with federal law. This basic stuff that everyone needs to know. Handguns are a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom