• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Parental permission for LTC?

Hey all,

I recently applied for an LTC-A in a "red" town (not saying the name until after I get the license) and before the chief would set up an interview or go any further with my application, he wanted to speak to my parents to verify that I had told them I was applying and it was ok with them...I am 22 years old. Have any of you run into this before? Is this a common antic to be pulled by a CLEO? My parents are fine with it, although they find it amusing that the chief asked for their input.

If you live with your parents its understandable. Id imagine that he just wants to make sure that they wouldnt mind you having a gun in their house, as to prevent a possible confrontation if you were to bring a gun into a unwelcoming household.

But of course I wasnt there, would this make sense to you?

The thought process make sense, however I think he should focus on his half of me owning a gun (background checks, suitability, etc.) while I focus on my half (asking my parents before I apply, making other household members aware of what is going to happen)

And yes I'm still in school so during the summer I am living with my parents.

my legal residence was the same as my parents when i applied....no need to talk to anyone. thats rediculous.

Will he checking with your place of employment, shopping malls, friends/relatives, or anyone else you may come in contact with?

Should they be checking with our husbands/wives when we apply because we live with them, too?

Sorry, folks, I don't buy the permission slip requirment for a "right".

Your 22 not 13.
So if your parents are anti your not getting a ltc?
Or mabey not a fid?
What if your were 25?[rofl]
I need a new hobby to get me away from this madness of permits and mother-may- I stuff.........
Im thinking about selling the gun and getting into tennis or badmitten.[rolleyes]

I'll post the name of the town after my license comes. I don't want the chief to be able to google "town name" and happen to find this thread where I bad-mouth his policies.

I'll post the name of the town after my license comes. I don't want the chief to be able to google "town name" and happen to find this thread where I bad-mouth his policies.

If you go GREEN you will be able to post this kind of info in the MEMBERS ONLY area which is not accessible to search bots.

Just sayin' [wink]

If you go GREEN you will be able to post this kind of info in the MEMBERS ONLY area which is not accessible to search bots.

Just sayin' [wink]

But it is still available to people who pay a paltry sum for good info. Echo has the right idea. I can wait.

It's amazing the stupid **** these authority figures think they can get away with...

When I applied at the FD for a storage permit for ammo & components, the chief wanted to inspect my house, talk to my landlord and my neighbors and wanted to know if my neighbors had kids!!! Insane!!!

It's amazing the stupid **** these authority figures think they can get away with...
You haven't been paying attention. Here in MA it's not what they think they can get away with, it's what the can get away with.

When I applied at the FD for a storage permit for ammo & components, the chief wanted to inspect my house, talk to my landlord and my neighbors and wanted to know if my neighbors had kids!!! Insane!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but what is the FD permit all about?

The fact that the OP needs parental permission is, nevermind I'm without words. I do know a minor can get an FID, and that needs parental permission. That's understandable, but the OP is 22 not 17

Not to hijack the thread, but what is the FD permit all about?

In Massachusetts you're supposed to get a relatively inexpensive permit from your fire department if you're going to store more than a certain number of rounds of ammunition, a certain number of primers or a certain amount of powder.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom