Para 10-45 pro custom and pre ban hi caps

SS 9mm is fun to shoot, but the point loss is too huge. 10 rounds are occasionally helpful, major points is always helpful
And in reply to Warwickben;
Because the faster you can reload, the faster you can get back to shooting

Wise words there. I use either a G-21 or a 1911 in Limited/Limited-10 division. Both of them have mag-wells but it is much more important (as is practice) on the 1911.

This was pointed about by an Enos forum member as well.... he also pointed out that NONE of the pro custom actually list a magwell in the spec with the exception of the Tomasie Signature model. This brought the question of " do any of the pro custom models actually come with on.e, or are they jst pictured with one?"

I think the picture is the Tomasie model which makes things a little deceiving.

I think the picture is the Tomasie model which makes things a little deceiving.

No, all the pro customs use the same picture set. The Tomasie is completely different and uses its own picture

Just picked it up at my FFL and I'm banging my head against a wall that I blew all this money on a Para. The Finish on areas of the frame looks like it was spray painted over rust and there are tooling marks all over the slide

I'm a ****in idiot

I'll disagree with Supermoto. I probably know more about his guns / gunsmith experiences than most. [wink]
If you haven't shot it yet, sell it as NIB, and learn from this!
Some things to ponder.
If you want a game gun, get it from someone that plays the game.
Don't rush into buying something, do a bit of research, more than a few questions on internet forums. Ask follow up questions. Other people have made the same mistakes, learn from them! Better yet ask people in person at matches.
If you want to shoot a specific division in a specific organization, concentrate your questions with people that shoot that division and organization.
A good used gun can be a good deal. Avoid sales that don't allow a reasonable inspection time.
High post counts on internet forums don't always translate to actual knowledge.

Oh yeah, if someone asks you "Why?" there maybe some underlying reason that you should explore beyond your first answer and what is obvious reasoning.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, if someone asks you "Why?" there maybe some underlying reason that you should explore beyond your first answer and what is obvious reasoning.

I shamefully accept my humble pie on this one....

Worse, there's a Santuri built 2011 in the classifieds...

Im really pissed

I'll disagree with Supermoto. I probably know more about his guns / gunsmith experiences than most. [wink]
If you haven't shot it yet, sell it as NIB, and learn from this!
Some things to ponder.
If you want a game gun, get it from someone that plays the game.
Don't rush into buying something, do a bit of research, more than a few questions on internet forums. Ask follow up questions. Other people have made the same mistakes, learn from them! Better yet ask people in person at matches.
If you want to shoot a specific division in a specific organization, concentrate your questions with people that shoot that division and organization.
A good used gun can be a good deal. Avoid sales that don't allow a reasonable inspection time.
High post counts on internet forums don't always translate to actual knowledge.

Dan's advice is always spot on. He recommend something. I do something else, end up wasting a bunch of time and money, then I do what he originally suggested. Apparently I like to learn stuff the hard way

I know these are just cosmetics, but I certainly wouldn't expect them on a almost $1500 msrp pistol

imagejpg1_zps8de3c90d.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsb905c345.jpg

Why bother using the right size screw driver???

imagejpg6_zpsa016e847.jpg

I wonder if the same attention to detail was used when fitting and assembling the rest of the pistol...

Last edited:
Typical of Para. Have you given thought to why you don't see them at USPSA matches?
Never go by the factory shooters, they aren't shooting what goes out the door. Some are shooting guns that aren't even made by the company that pays them.

Got a private message on another forum from Travis Tomasie about the magwell situation and boy is he a stand up guy. He seems very much to care about the customer... its to bad everyone else at Para doesn't have the same interest in customer satisfaction

This pistol will be going back to Para, and I can say honestly I have no desire to keep anything they send in return

My P-14 Limited is from 97 or so and it will eat anything and is a natural shooter. I have a good deal of pre bans for it and you can find them at places that shall not be named but they can be a bit expensive. I cannot recall any jams with the exception of a POS 10 round mag I got for it once. I have fairly small hands and I have no issues with it. I have a couple of weighted mags and those drop real nice. Now I have heard some chatter about certain years being crap and I have no opinion on that other than that my '97 works great.

I competed in Limited with a P-14/45 for a year and it ran very reliably, but it was definitely not ready to go out of the box. I installed a new hammer and sear, but they had to be dramatically re-angled because the frame holes were not standard. I had to file a lot of material off a new trigger because the bow channels were not straight. I installed a new mag funnel that required cutting roughly 1/2 inch off the entire circumference of the mag well. I installed a Bo-Mar rear and had to create the Bo-Mar cut with a hacksaw and file. And I went through about a dozen mag springs and followers to get 4 reliable 17 round mags. Other than that, I barely had to touch it.

I competed in Limited with a P-14/45 for a year and it ran very reliably, but it was definitely not ready to go out of the box. I installed a new hammer and sear, but they had to be dramatically re-angled because the frame holes were not standard. I had to file a lot of material off a new trigger because the bow channels were not straight. I installed a new mag funnel that required cutting roughly 1/2 inch off the entire circumference of the mag well. I installed a Bo-Mar rear and had to create the Bo-Mar cut with a hacksaw and file. And I went through about a dozen mag springs and followers to get 4 reliable 17 round mags. Other than that, I barely had to touch it.

OH, IS THAT ALL?

Ok, ok. I get the point... I screwed up, big time!

Just glad I didn't have a chance to sell off the unbuilt STI long / wide frame and magazines I had in the safe ( thanks Dan S for talking some sense into me ).

On a depressing note, the preban p14 mags I ordered showed up today [thinking]

I just received the best thing imaginable from Para....

A REFUND CHECK!

Yes, 5 months after purchase of the horrible POS pistol, and after 3 months of arguing and waiting on a response from Para as to why their pistol sucked so much< I finally have all of my money back.

Ive learned my lesson, dont walk, RUN away from anything Para

Got a private message on another forum from Travis Tomasie about the magwell situation and boy is he a stand up guy. He seems very much to care about the customer... its to bad everyone else at Para doesn't have the same interest in customer satisfaction

This pistol will be going back to Para, and I can say honestly I have no desire to keep anything they send in return

Befor I got banned from the 1911fourm he was doing a lot to get bad guns fixed .

Befor I got banned from the 1911fourm he was doing a lot to get bad guns fixed .

Yes, I was actually talking with him over the weekend he won the VT Classic and he was offering to try and make mags and a magwell that would fit and work with the 10 rounds mags once he got home. By this time there were many,many,MANY issues apparent with my pistol and I was beyond done with the lack of response from Para cust service. Travis is a good guy.

Para has LOTS of bad guns out there right now....

I called, emailed and left voicemails twice a day for 3 weeks before I even got a response from anyone real in customer service. I sent my POS Para in with a promise of a refund check within 2 weeks, it took 7 weeks

Screw Para and anything Freedom Group

Yes, I was actually talking with him over the weekend he won the VT Classic and he was offering to try and make mags and a magwell that would fit and work with the 10 rounds mags once he got home. By this time there were many,many,MANY issues apparent with my pistol and I was beyond done with the lack of response from Para cust service. Travis is a good guy.

Para has LOTS of bad guns out there right now....

I called, emailed and left voicemails twice a day for 3 weeks before I even got a response from anyone real in customer service. I sent my POS Para in with a promise of a refund check within 2 weeks, it took 7 weeks

Screw Para and anything Freedom Group

I asked him a few questions about getting into the sport and he gave me ally of good advice . Didn't even try to sell me some thing .

I picked up a older frame off a Nes member. I need to get a barrel fitted to the slide. Gonna be a willson combat ed brown wolf springs para mutant .
Just need to get the cash for the smith to fit the barrel. I wanted a double stack 1911 cause I wanted to get into shooting events . And thought it be bad ass to go with my Remington r1.
I'm not a fan of the looks of some of the other frames and race guns . I like the para style cause the frame looks more like the single stack.

I have to admit I only have 600$ in to the gun and all the parts . I lucked out at a gun show . guy forgot to put prices on the new in the package Wilson combat and ed brown parts . So he just told me to make offers.

I grabbed all the bags of parts minus the frame /slide / barrel/sights. Put them on the table and told him I had 60$ cash tell me what you'll sell me. Told me I could have them all cause it was cool seeing a younger dude into 1911's.

I kinda wished I just tried harder to get the rock island non railed double stack sarco was selling for 450$. Since I'd be shooting if already . But once I get this fitted I'll have a better gun for just a tad more .

I asked him a few questions about getting into the sport and he gave me ally of good advice . Didn't even try to sell me some thing .

I picked up a older frame off a Nes member. I need to get a barrel fitted to the slide. Gonna be a willson combat ed brown wolf springs para mutant .
Just need to get the cash for the smith to fit the barrel. I wanted a double stack 1911 cause I wanted to get into shooting events . And thought it be bad ass to go with my Remington r1.
I'm not a fan of the looks of some of the other frames and race guns . I like the para style cause the frame looks more like the single stack.

I have to admit I only have 600$ in to the gun and all the parts . I lucked out at a gun show . guy forgot to put prices on the new in the package Wilson combat and ed brown parts . So he just told me to make offers.

I grabbed all the bags of parts minus the frame /slide / barrel/sights. Put them on the table and told him I had 60$ cash tell me what you'll sell me. Told me I could have them all cause it was cool seeing a younger dude into 1911's.

I kinda wished I just tried harder to get the rock island non railed double stack sarco was selling for 450$. Since I'd be shooting if already . But once I get this fitted I'll have a better gun for just a tad more .

Im not sure which shooting sport you are trying to get into, but USPSA has a division specifically for Single Stack that could probably run all the gear you already have. I only have one rig at the moment ( SS ) but by next season I will be setup for limited as well (an additional belt, holster and mag pouches ) Id be more than happy to lend you my SS gear for a match provided I dont need it

Back
Top Bottom