• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Panera bread and CNBC poll

"We're certainly not going to put our associates in the position of confronting someone carrying a gun," he said. "We won't put our café management in the position of being law enforcement."
Well, duh. That's like saying they don't ask their mail carrier to renovate their kitchen.

- - - Updated - - -

"We're certainly not going to put our associates in the position of confronting someone carrying a gun," he said. "We won't put our café management in the position of being law enforcement."
Well, duh. That's like saying they don't ask their mail carrier to renovate their kitchen.

Voted "no" (looks like I'm in the minority on this one).

Their company... their rules, except it's not a rule, it's the same boilerplate 'request' that all the other box stores
and restaurants have been putting out.

Meaning... "we wish to remain neutral... why do both sides continue to drag us into this shit?
We have a business to run".

This shit wouldn't even be making the news, and feeding the Demanding Moms outrage if the open carry pinheads would at
least put their AR's/AK's/FAL's/etc away.

I'm all for open carry if that's the persons decision, but for gun owners, this OC movement is the stupidest, most retarded
PR campaign imaginable.

Last edited:
Moms are the consumers-in-chief of our households and we will reward companies that take a stand for our families' safety. We urge other national companies follow suit,"

okay - I'll believe your conviction when you stop shopping at wally world... They sell the extra killy 5.56 ammo for the black rifle there... oh my...

23914 voted with 83% voting yes for the worse. What is crazy is that I did not think 23914 people watched CNBC. Oh wait, they don't, it's just a poll.

Yeah, still at 83%. Just curious though...Was there an issue with people carrying guns in panera? I guess maybe they think they are being proactive. This is the hype the libtards have initiated long ago. They blame the guns and not the criminals. Why doesn't panera ban criminals from entering their stores? That makes more sense.

The CEO/founder from Panera lives in Brookline, I think he grew up there not 100% sure though, so what do you expect?

Yeah, still at 83%. Just curious though...Was there an issue with people carrying guns in panera? I guess maybe they think they are being proactive. This is the hype the libtards have initiated long ago. They blame the guns and not the criminals. Why doesn't panera ban criminals from entering their stores? That makes more sense.
No the Moms group is targeting chain merchants and trying to force them to make these statements under threat of boycott.

These people can request all they want. concealed is concealed. I frequent panara from time to time. food is pretty good but it also is very overpriced.

Ate at Panera this morning as I do 2-3 times a week simply out of convenience. This fake announcement means nothing to me. "We ask you not to do it, but we are not going to do anything if you do." Sounds to me like they made a statement simply to stay relatively out of the discussion. The statement holds no weight and the status quo is the still the same.

Same article but different poll on MSNBC. So far pro 2A is winning.

Does Panera’s unprecedented decision change your view of the company?

Poll halfway down page. Go vote yes.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/panera-bread-asks-customers-leave-guns-home

So far:

Yes - the new rules infringe on my right to bear arms. 70%
No - I don’t want to dine next to armed customers 30%

Last time I ate at a Panera Bread, the food was more dangerous than any lawfully armed citizen would ever be. My macaroni and cheese had shards of sharp clear plastic fragments in it. Unable to see the plastic, I took a nice big bite and it was like chewing on nails. I brought it back to the counter and the response I got from the employee was "yeah so, what do you want me to do about it?". The manager got involved and had the same attitude. My father, who was with me, said to the manager "You realize if he was with the Board of Health, you'd be getting shut down right now". The manager very hesitantly refunded the cost of the mac and cheese, and offered me a gift card, in case I ever wanted to come back.

I'll pass on Panera.

You know every person who hits that site to vote increases the hit count for MSNBC among a demographic that they don't usually reach thus increasing their ability to get advertising. Basically every time someone links to one of these polls you're giving money to MSNBC. Think about that for a minute.

I will still eat there and I will still carry.

Pretty much this. I like their food and will continue to eat there. I've carried ever time I've ever been there and don't plan on stopping that either. As we've said many times over, concealed means concealed. At least here in MA anyway......

Back
Top Bottom