Paint AR question

I did this to some guitar knobs. Nail polish and a quick wipe with a paper towel, then some q-tips after it dries to get anything that smears. If you need to clean little spots, just cut the Q-tip in half and use the shaft to scrape.

Be Mature Grow Up GIF by CBS

I did this to some guitar knobs. Nail polish and a quick wipe with a paper towel, then some q-tips after it dries to get anything that smears. If you need to clean little spots, just cut the Q-tip in half and use the shaft to scrape.
Polishing your own knob?

(Sorry, it was was RIGHT there, I cannot be held responsible...)

once, at the retirement home, in my crafting class, i wove a sling for one of my ar's out of 9 bra straps. the bras old ladies wear, the straps are, lets say...strong.

I didn’t post it earlier cause I thought better of it. Camo guns…. come on, you lean it against a tree go to take a piss then you can’t find it.
I think I want a Smith and Wesson 500 in safety orange.

Wipe it with "acetone/nail polish remover" to assist in maintaining the paint that stays, staying longer.

Nail polish remover has stuff in it you don’t want: things to make it less harsh on your skin. It’ll leave some crud.

Use straight acetone.

What’s a good sticking paint (fde) for a black anodized scope?

I kinda want to paint mine to match. Thx IMG_5340.jpeg

What is the best way to paint the safe and fire red and white? Saturate and let it sink into groove then wipe off? What is the best paint? Thanks!View attachment 789304

They actually make a specific paint just for that purpose: Lacquer-Stik Paintstick. Specially formulated paint in stick form designed to color-brighten stamped or engraved lines and lettering. Paint stays flexible, expands and contracts with the surface. Comes in white, yellow, red, black and gold.

B002BXJ91A

This. End thread.

If you need painted letters to tell what position the selector switch is in your doing it wrong.

One click down = bang

One click down and push forward = bangedy bang bang

It's not that f***ing hard.

It's the equivalent of Jeeps with anodized recovery hooks.. But, if it makes someone happy I don't care. Doesn't mean I can't point and laugh though :)

OP, I fill in a portion using nail polish. No one really sees this besides me, but I like it. This is a blue nail polish, just happened to be what I could get my hands on, but almost looks silver when painted on...like a raw alum color.

Clean with Acetone, dab in some nailpolish, scrape with a business card, let dry for a few. You may need to fill and scrape a few times to get some build up in there. Then, clean everything up with a q-tip and acetone. Hit it with your favorite version of CLP and you're GTG.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ErWbz9h

Back
Top Bottom