Packing heat on the slopes...

Just curious as to how many people pack heat when skiing/snowboarding out on the slopes?

If so, what location on your person do you find to be the most convenient in terms of quick access, comfort, etc?

[grin] Very nice way to keep warm. [grin]

My J-Frame snub in a pocket holster the pocket of my fleece. Wouldn't dream of a day on the slopes without it! Nice and secure, and out of the way, even when I yard sale! I'm also working on a shoulder holster for my 4 inch Model 66-1 .357 for the same and backcountry/XC skiing.

HUH?

I figure that if I need a gun while shooshing with the bunnies that all Ill have to do is reach down and pick one up. Theryll be plenty of them laying around.

Real Skiers use their poles as weapons and flasks

236689BGJF_w.jpg

I've packed heat. Those little packs which heat up when exposed to oxygen work great when it gets really cold. You can even buy gloves and boots with special pockets for them. I do have a set of mittens with the pockets that I use while snowblowing. Allows a thin glove for good control and...

What?

Not that kind of heat?

Ewww. That's gross. I don't want to know what you do with....

Not that heat either? Then what kind....?

A gun? Listen son, while your gun can sure heat up during rapid fire, I can't recommend you blasting away on the slopes just to stay warm.

Huh? Slang? Oh...

Well, then, that's none of your business. I can just tell you from experience that it's no fun falling on icy mountains if you land on a hunk of oddly shaped metal.

May I recommend the Burton Tuckerman pack. (dunno if it's still made)

If I skied and were going to carry, it would be something stainless in a secure, zippered pocket.

new hampshire ski country provisions

i don't ski but we go every christmas season to the north conway/jackson area for the beauty and seasonal decor and stay in a wonderful 1900's mansion turned into a lodge and fine restaurant. [ stonehurst manor off rte. 16 in north conway].
it is about 150 miles from were i live.
when traveling my on the road my defence is a fn police shotgun [not the one with the ar15 stock] with an ported, choked 18" barrel and knoxx folding anti-recoil stock. it fits nicley in a locked hidden compartment in my suv with 55 round bandelier of various shotgun ammo.
my carry piece is a glock 26 also with spare mags and ammo. i like this gun for travel for if you have to leave it in your room or car for any reason, it can be taken down and the light-wieght plastic frame an be slipped into any pocket. nice and legal with no unattended firearm problems.
i feel well prepared for any situation. [smile][wink][thinking]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom