P.38 First Variation ac 41, Matching w/Holster

I did knowingly purchase this P.38 pistol with the description of "refinished". And occasionally, one might need to make such an exception for a scarce specimen. My chances weren't great for finding another example of this Walther 1941, first variation pistol with high polish and a matching mag for less than a thousand dollars (or even two thousand!). So, I caved.

One saving grace, it was only the slide which was refinished, and it was tastefully done, not dip or cold blued. The barrel and frame appear as original finish.

Otherwise, it has all the correct Walther E/359 parts, the rare experimental horseshoe sear, and a decent '43 hardshell holster. It is lacking the locking block spring.

Pics of all the pertinent markings and parts, enjoy, and thanks for looking.

fNXh3Yhl.jpg

R4MOTUhl.jpg

BG6vEPvl.jpg

jgLToIWl.jpg

sugMKPkl.jpg

dpbzZUGl.jpg

PgkZ3jbl.jpg

GnGsAg1l.jpg

EkdrJOTl.jpg

sIJLTtVl.jpg

NVvoCj2l.jpg

OT087vol.jpg

hntdGYHl.jpg

2ilt5LAl.jpg

kpmZ3mHl.jpg

59jkTIhl.jpg

kAXis4Cl.jpg

r26vb37l.jpg

3JakCsIl.jpg

NYAXyGzl.jpg

cKPyOZ5l.jpg

T1HaXoHl.jpg

FtToctKl.jpg

60kFZWMl.jpg

2unxlWIl.jpg

bKAbysAl.jpg

DZxdiaTl.jpg

Yes, wicked good means that it ain't all stove up. Ayuh.

And agreed, the bluing is actually a perfect match. The only real ways to tell that it was refinished are that the final acceptance stamp has no raised ridges, some minor freckling with bluing inside is evident on the right side, the factory code is slightly diminished, and the surface is just one step down from the ultra-high polish. It's still a dandy.

If I didn't already have an early high polished example to compare, I'm not sure that I could have easily told the difference.

Back
Top Bottom