Over 17 Million Guns Sold in 2022

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member

I'm surprised California made the top three, with all their BS laws, leftist anti-gun voters and mass exodus of conservatives fleeing the state.

I'm surprised California made the top three, with all their BS laws, leftist anti-gun voters and mass exodus of conservatives fleeing the state.
Legal gun sales. So, even is states that actively discourage "guns", the law-abiding public is enthusiastically acquiring firearms. As these numbers are extrapolated from background checks, they are not inclusive of illegal firearm acquisitions (unless you believe that a significant proportion of the 17 million sales are new background checks for replacing the legal guns that were then illegally transferred or stolen - [smile])

I did my part too [smile]

So I looked up "total" firearms in the US. in 2018 it was 393 million guns in the US.

I added up the sales since 2018 (from what I could find online).

Supposedly there are around 466,000,000 firearms in the US at this time.

probably at least 1/2 of the sales in the last 20+ years are due to

The People "not" trusting our government or being unhappy with the way the country is being run!

So I looked up "total" firearms in the US. in 2018 it was 393 million guns in the US.

The People "not" trusting our government or being unhappy with the way the country is being run!
Wait until that distrust and unhappiness drives people to start using them......government will be shitting even more bricks than they are now.
Government tyrants know that it's going to happen, that's why there's constantly more and more outrageous laws being passed. They think words on paper are going to stop the steam roller headed for them.

Wait until that distrust and unhappiness drives people to start using them......government will be shitting even more bricks than they are now.
Government tyrants know that it's going to happen, that's why there's constantly more and more outrageous laws being passed. They think words on paper are going to stop the steam roller headed for them.
Yup 💯

More like half of the sales in the last 20+ years were due to Democrats saying they were gong to ban things. So folks got licensed, trained, and started buying guns because if they didn't, there was a chance they might not be able to in the future.

By and large, good people don't take kindly to being told what they can and cannot legally do.

No one's going to do shit. We're going to lay down and bend over while HR4420 is shoved up our asses with no lube. The absolute best you can hope for is noncompliance while we get dragged through court for 10 years.

No one's going to do shit. We're going to lay down and bend over while HR4420 is shoved up our asses with no lube. The absolute best you can hope for is noncompliance while we get dragged through court for 10 years.
Obviously, you think I'm talking about Massachusetts.

What's even more obvious is, I'm NOT.

It's not going to happen anywhere. I admire your optimism though.
That's what all government's and their supporters think.....until it does.

Read a little history about revolutions and the resulting wars around the world....and most of those countries didn't have 400,000,000 guns at their disposal among their people.

The US firearms industry manufactures 7-9 million firearms per year, so that leaves a lot of imports to make up that 17 million purchased in 2022. That‘s also a liability - turn off imports and demand far outstrips supply.

About 4.3 million turned 18 in 2022 and another 4.7 million turned 21. Some bought their first guns.

Last edited:
The US firearms industry manufactures 7-9 million firearms per year, so that leaves a lot of imports To make up that 17 million purchased in 2022. That‘s also a liability - turn off imports and demand far outstrips supply.

About 4.3 million turned 18 in 2022 and another 4.7 million turned 21. Some bought their first guns.
Why I never have a bad word to say about PSA. They've put more ARs in the hands of Americans in the past several years than anyone.
Love them or hate them, they're doing the right thing.

They're only Anti gun for other people.

The US firearms industry manufactures 7-9 million firearms per year, so that leaves a lot of imports to make up that 17 million purchased in 2022. That‘s also a liability - turn off imports and demand far outstrips supply.

That 17 million also includes used firearms being resold through FFLs.

That 17 million also includes used firearms being resold through FFLs.
True - number of firearms sold, estimated by NICS, tells us little about gun buying. As well it should.

During COVID, homicide rates took an upswing and gun control advocates blamed it on an increase of 2.5 million 1st-time gun owners, acquiring guns via NICS. "Excess Gun Deaths" they called them. But now that the homicide rate is dropping, how did that ever-growing cumulative gun stock manage a ‘More Guns Less Crime’ effect?

Never to waste a crisis or good news, the Democrats just change the topic: "The study also potentially blows a hole in recent arguments pushed by Donald Trump and other Republicans that Democrats are ignoring a massive crime wave in US cities."

Weeks after the decline was reported, the story remained snubbed by MSM.

"The precipitous decline in the murder rate, however, has not merited any dedicated coverage in the nation's largest newspapers, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, and the Associated Press. It also has been rarely mentioned on cable news channels."

IMG_2260.jpeg

Last edited:
True - number of firearms sold, estimated by NICS, tells us little about gun buying. As well it should.

During COVID, homicide rates took an upswing and gun control advocates blamed it on an increase of 2.5 million 1st-time gun owners, acquiring guns via NICS. "Excess Gun Deaths" they called them. But now that the homicide rate is dropping, how did that ever-growing cumulative gun stock manage a ‘More Guns Less Crime’ effect?

Never to waste a crisis or good news, the Democrats just change the topic: "The study also potentially blows a hole in recent arguments pushed by Donald Trump and other Republicans that Democrats are ignoring a massive crime wave in US cities."

Weeks after the decline was reported, the story remained snubbed by MSM.

"The precipitous decline in the murder rate, however, has not merited any dedicated coverage in the nation's largest newspapers, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, and the Associated Press. It also has been rarely mentioned on cable news channels."

View attachment 769576
Don't you see? Sales went down and so did deaths. If we eliminate firearm sales we can eliminate gun violence!

/s

Don't be silly. Police will come and know you the F down in no time. The government pays their salary, so they ware beholden to the government and will do whatever the government tells them. Yes, there will be some that will quit, but the vast majority of PO's have bills to pay, and would rather shoot your disgruntled ass than lose their home or be unable to feed their children.

NH in the top 20%!

NH 2022 gun sales.png

Back
Top Bottom