Out of state purchase

A person who is a Mass resident and a property land /tax payer in another state (Vermont ,Maine, New Hampshire ) Purchases a handgun in that state whether compliant or not can that firearm be brought back to mass. The firearm is legally owned by the land owner in that state and is not being tranfered to anyone else. Would a efa-10 need to be done or......

A person who is a Mass resident and a property land /tax payer in another state (Vermont ,Maine, New Hampshire ) Purchases a handgun in that state whether compliant or not can that firearm be brought back to mass. The firearm is legally owned by the land owner in that state and is not being tranfered to anyone else. Would a efa-10 need to be done or......

That handgun would need to be transferred to you through a mass FFL, since that is your resident state.

Is this a question, an opinion, or stated as a legal fact?

That handgun would need to be transferred to you through a mass FFL, since that is your resident state.

Really? You mean that you have to transfer thru FFL guns that you ALREADY legally own?

WRONG!

Legality of buying in a second state has been covered here many times before and should be searchable. People can indeed own property in multiple states and while living in secondary state can purchase handguns, at least according to Federal Law. What a dealer will do or state law wrt residency/permits are a different set of issues and variable.

Is this a question, an opinion, or stated as a legal fact?

Regardless it is wrong!

Really? You mean that you have to transfer thru FFL guns that you ALREADY legally own?

WRONG!

Legality of buying in a second state has been covered here many times before and should be searchable. People can indeed own property in multiple states and while living in secondary state can purchase handguns, at least according to Federal Law. What a dealer will do or state law wrt residency/permits are a different set of issues and variable.

Regardless it is wrong!

I enjoy your posts.

Never said that. Not even close. So, no, I am NOT WRONG.

I think I understand what you might have been trying to say, but please re-read the OP (quoted above). He says he already bought it.

Also you are wrong if you think that someone with 2 residences can't buy in both states. Fed Law clearly says that they can. It's up to the FFL in that other state as to whether or not they will do the legal transaction for a dual resident however.

LenS. Thanks for your reply. I have not bought one yet. To clear this up can I or anyone else for that matter buy a handgun in the state that you pay taxes to because you are a land owner and legally bring it back to mass. (Ex). The gun is bought I have possesion of it can I bring it back to mass and officially ef-10 it to make it legal. Or is it legally mine anyway because it is in my name from the state I bought it from??

Read the Fed Law (it's posted here in numerous places) on Dual Residency. As long as you comply with that and the state law you have a second residence in (merely owning property doesn't do it), you can buy there if an FFL will do business with you. Anything you own you can bring to MA as long as it is AWB-compliant or pre-ban (9/13/1994) and FA-10 as "registration" (No info on source, only gun and your description).

Read the Fed Law (it's posted here in numerous places) on Dual Residency. As long as you comply with that and the state law you have a second residence in (merely owning property doesn't do it), you can buy there if an FFL will do business with you. Anything you own you can bring to MA as long as it is AWB-compliant or pre-ban (9/13/1994) and FA-10 as "registration" (No info on source, only gun and your description).

So, in short, after it is all said and done, what I said. [smile]

So I buy a brand new Glock in Vermont I can only have that gun in Vermont at my residence. Correct me if I am wrong, I can not take that gun or any other brand back to Mass because is not on the list unless it is preban and meets the hi cap mag requirerments.

So I buy a brand new Glock in Vermont I can only have that gun in Vermont at my residence. Correct me if I am wrong, I can not take that gun or any other brand back to Mass because is not on the list unless it is preban and meets the hi cap mag requirerments.

Wrong! Assuming you have a legitimate residence in VT and thus can legally buy up there, you can bring the guns back to MA. Just leave the new large-cap mags in VT!

List is irrelevant. AWB IS relevant!

Back
Top Bottom