• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Out of state gun show transferred to MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m from MA are there any dealers/venders there that would transfer the guns I purchase in NH gun show to MA or would any purchase have to go from the vender in NH to the ffl in MA. Is it common for venders there to be licensed in MA or do what I’m asking or is that uncommon?

Also figured I’d ask. If I buy a gun at a gun show out of state can I ship the gun to myself. Or there’s no exceptions every purchase out of state private or other has to ship to ffl in MA.

Keeping it simple.
Assuming you have a MA LTC and the guns are allowed in MA, they can sell you a rifle directly, a handgun has to go through a MA FFL.
This is what they CAN do, they are not required to, they can not sell anything or to anyone they want.

As to what's allowed in MA, good luck dealing with that.

This should be enough to get you started on your search.

Now go green and enjoy the ride.

It is always better to have an existing relationship with a MA FFL so that if you see a handgun or "firearm" in NH you want, you can get it shipped to the MA FFL and they will accept the item.

If you are looking to buy a rifle or shotgun, you can buy it in NH so long as it meets the requirements of MA law regarding magazines, bayonets, and what we call other evil features and bring it back to MA, reporting the purchase using the online portal and filing an eFA-10, leaving the seller blank, within 7 days of it being brought into MA

Handguns, and items classified as "firearms" need to go FFL to FFL.

What is it you expect to find in NH that you can't get in MA?

This is where having an existing relationship helps because you can ask your local gun shop ( LGS around here) to get it for you, and it will be a painless transaction.

Depending on what you are trying to get, especially if it is considered a curio or relic by definition ( older gun, over 50 years old iirc) you can become a FFL03, which allows you to become a collector and you can be your own FFL for purchases that fit the definition of a C&R gun

Many FFLs will work with you as a 03FFL, and besides the federal record keeping requirements you still have to file a eFA-10 for any purchases you make

It is always better to have an existing relationship with a MA FFL so that if you see a handgun or "firearm" in NH you want, you can get it shipped to the MA FFL and they will accept the item.

If you are looking to buy a rifle or shotgun, you can buy it in NH so long as it meets the requirements of MA law regarding magazines, bayonets, and what we call other evil features and bring it back to MA, reporting the purchase using the online portal and filing an eFA-10, leaving the seller blank, within 7 days of it being brought into MA

Handguns, and items classified as "firearms" need to go FFL to FFL.

What is it you expect to find in NH that you can't get in MA?

This is where having an existing relationship helps because you can ask your local gun shop ( LGS around here) to get it for you, and it will be a painless transaction.

Depending on what you are trying to get, especially if it is considered a curio or relic by definition ( older gun, over 50 years old iirc) you can become a FFL03, which allows you to become a collector and you can be your own FFL for purchases that fit the definition of a C&R gun

Many FFLs will work with you as a 03FFL, and besides the federal record keeping requirements you still have to file a eFA-10 for any purchases you make
Was looking for one or more glocks and at-15 in particular. Figured it would be cheaper in NH. I know they are banned that’s why I was asking if I could go through them if they had a MA ffl. Rather then buying something thinking it’s legal then find out an ffl won’t accept it. And why NH, I heard it was better selection, no sales tax. To save $500 or more on multiple gun purchase I would drive the 2 plus hours to NH.

Was looking for one or more glocks and at-15 in particular. Figured it would be cheaper in NH. I know they are banned that’s why I was asking if I could go through them if they had a MA ffl. Rather then buying something thinking it’s legal then find out an ffl won’t accept it. And why NH, I heard it was better selection, no sales tax. To save $500 or more on multiple gun purchase I would drive the 2 plus hours to NH.
Ar-15

So you came on to a public forum to see if you could somehow bring Glocks into MA where the dealers are prohibited from transferring them to a MA resident? And you're also looking to buy a MA banned AW........ I'll be the first to say, Hi Fed Boi, which TLA are you working for/with?

So you came on to a public forum to see if you could somehow bring Glocks into MA where the dealers are prohibited from transferring them to a MA resident? And you're also looking to buy a MA banned AW........ I'll be the first to say, Hi Fed Boi, which TLA are you working for/with?
You can buy used ones legally for both of those so I will refute any accusation of anything illegal. I’m clearly asking to see the legalities of doing this.

There are plenty of Glocks for sale in MA, if you hang around here long enough and cough up the money for a membership you will find them in the classifieds all the time.

The chances of a MA FFL accepting a transfer from out of state is near zero... sure there are some shops that will do it, but there are other easier ways to get one in MA, including Gen5's

As I mentioned previously, any rifle you bring into MA has to be MA AWB compliant, and again for what little a dealer makes on a gun, it isn't worth the hassle of doing a transfer into MA and dealing with the BS

There was one member here who did a FFL to FFL transfer of a Glock from NH into MA, without the high capacity magazines, by using one of the work arounds we don't mention publicly. I don't think he would do it a second time though as it was kind of a royal PITA.

Don't get me wrong, I think Glocks are the Toyotas of firearms, well maybe not the .40 stuff with the setback issues, but I digress.

But they are not worth a huge premium over MSRP

For example I am a big fan of the 43X, but they are not readily available at your LGS ( there are a couple in our classifieds iirc) but the Sig P365's are available and they are a decent gun for reasonable money...

But in our classifieds right now there is a pristine Model 26, and a nice (if you like OD Green) Model 17 Gen3 being offered by a well respected member for reasonable money..... in fact pretty short money as far as Glocks go in MA.

Not a bad idea. If I have a residence in both can I freely carry guns back and fourth even if they are not mass compliant?
nope, no high cap magazines made after 6/1994 can be carried by a non resident in MA

The handgun isn't the issue, the magazines are

Same with rifles and firearms, they have to meet the letter of the MA law, which is pretty much the Federal AWB of 1994
no folding stocks, no collapsible stocks that are not pinned into a not easily reversible position, no bayonet lugs , no high capacity mags, etc etc etc on a rifle or firearm made after a certain date in June of 1994

Now if you had a residence in both MA and NH you could in theory buy whatever you wanted in NH providing you could establish to a NH FFL proof positive that you resided in NH, or FTF if you could get your local PD to issue you a resident P&R license ( not an easy thing to do). No FFL has to sell you a gun, it is up to their discretion to determine if you are legally ( under BATFE rules) a resident for the purpose of purchasing, and even then they do not have to sell anything to you.

There are plenty of Glocks for sale in MA, if you hang around here long enough and cough up the money for a membership you will find them in the classifieds all the time.

The chances of a MA FFL accepting a transfer from out of state is near zero... sure there are some shops that will do it, but there are other easier ways to get one in MA, including Gen5's

As I mentioned previously, any rifle you bring into MA has to be MA AWB compliant, and again for what little a dealer makes on a gun, it isn't worth the hassle of doing a transfer into MA and dealing with the BS

There was one member here who did a FFL to FFL transfer of a Glock from NH into MA, without the high capacity magazines, by using one of the work arounds we don't mention publicly. I don't think he would do it a second time though as it was kind of a royal PITA.

Don't get me wrong, I think Glocks are the Toyotas of firearms, well maybe not the .40 stuff with the setback issues, but I digress.

For example I am a big fan of the 43X, but they are not readily available at your LGS ( there are a couple in our classifieds iirc) but the Sig P365's are available and they are a decent gun for reasonable money...

But in our classifieds right now there is a pristine Model 26, and a nice (if you like OD Green) Model 17 Gen3 being offered by a well respected member for reasonable money..... in fact pretty short money as far as Glocks go in MA.
What about the gen 5’s? Are all new glocks banned and only available for purchase by police agencies? Or are some glocks allowed that have the cut in the slide to show the round chambered. And yes I have been looking at the p365 as well I like those and the Glock 43’s.

Yes iv been looking at the classifies I didn’t realize I had to purchase a membership to contact people on those. Are there different memberships how much is the one to contact people on the listings?

No Glock has been sold new to a non law enforcement officer by a state licensed firearms dealer in many years.

Remember the state laws and regulations about selling guns only apply to state licensed dealers ( who also happen to hold a FFL)

That being said there are used Gen5 Glocks for sale all the time, transferred on a eFA-10 as a private party sale, all perfectly legal.

There are even other creative ways of getting them I won't get into on here at the moment.

Under some stupid MA consumer protection law, the Glock loaded chamber indicator does not pass some arbitrary definition of what is acceptable and what is not, and Glock does not feel the need to come up with a MA compliant version nor submit samples for testing as they consider MA to be too small a market to cater to by having unique model numbers for guns that are MA compliant and tested and approved, along with being shipped with 10 round magazines, or less.

In the case of the G43, IIRC that holds 6+1 so the mags are not the issue, it is the LCI and failure to submit them for testing that keeps them from being sold by a MA licensed dealer as an assembled gun.

Membership is $24/yr and is well worth it to get access to the members only areas and the monthly give aways

Membership is $24/yr and is well worth it to get access to the members only areas and the monthly give aways
Once I have a membership how do I enroll in monthly giveaways is that automatic or do I need to register for each one?

No Glock has been sold new to a non law enforcement officer by a state licensed firearms dealer in many years.

Remember the state laws and regulations about selling guns only apply to state licensed dealers ( who also happen to hold a FFL)

That being said there are used Gen5 Glocks for sale all the time, transferred on a eFA-10 as a private party sale, all perfectly legal.

There are even other creative ways of getting them I won't get into on here at the moment.

Under some stupid MA consumer protection law, the Glock loaded chamber indicator does not pass some arbitrary definition of what is acceptable and what is not, and Glock does not feel the need to come up with a MA compliant version nor submit samples for testing as they consider MA to be too small a market to cater to by having unique model numbers for guns that are MA compliant and tested and approved, along with being shipped with 10 round magazines, or less.

In the case of the G43, IIRC that holds 6+1 so the mags are not the issue, it is the LCI and failure to submit them for testing that keeps them from being sold by a MA licensed dealer as an assembled gun.
Thanks for the explanation.

Once I have a membership how do I enroll in monthly giveaways is that automatic or do I need to register for each one?
at the start of each month it is announced, you just enter "in" in a post and you are entered

As has been said, the issue with Glocks is the transfer through a MA FFL, not possession, and OP asked about buying in NH, which means transfer through a MA dealer. And that's a no go. You can certainly buy face to face, but that will have to be from another MA resident. Once you cross state lines a handgun has to go through a local FFL.

And to prevent the confusing comments, we are only talking about purchasing, not inheriting or moving into MA.

As for the AR, that is about possession, so unless it's MA AWB compliant, or pre-ban, even if you do buy it face to face, in either MA or NH (and you wouldn't normally need to do this through a dealer because rifle) it's still a no go. Now if you have a home in both MA and NH you could buy the AR and never take it into MA, but it's easier to just move to NH and put the BS behind you.

Yes iv been looking at the classifies I didn’t realize I had to purchase a membership to contact people on those. Are there different memberships how much is the one to contact people on the listings?
You do not have to be a paid member to contact sellers in the classifieds. You have to be a paid member to list in the classifieds.

NES Memberships

Other benefits include:

• Access to sell items in the classifieds, create threads,
  • Firearms giveaway every month,
  • NES Members group shoots,
  • NES Members luncheons/dinners,
  • All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only,
  • NES Tours/Trips to firearms manufacturers plants, etc.,
  • Special Discount deals

I was scratching my head thinking I missed her introduction.
Carry on.

I was scratching my head thinking I missed her introduction.
Carry on.
For starters if you’re talking about the OP I’m in fact a man. You want my SSN and fingerprints too?👮‍♂️and although I work at a prison it’s not federal one.✌️

For starters if you’re talking about the OP I’m in fact a man. You want my SSN and fingerprints too?👮‍♂️and although I work at a prison it’s not federal one.✌️
Not nessesary. I don’t GAF as I can buy whatever I want without state intervention.
You asked some funky questions IMO.

OK, upload a fingerprint scan, is MA on the Livescan system? hahahahahahahah [laugh][laugh]

OP needs to figure this out on his own instead of reading half of the incorrect garbage posted in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom