Our first big class

Bill Nance

Banned
We had a triple murder here and my phone (apparently I'm the only guy with a yellow-pages listing) has been ringing off the hook.

We just finished the 12-hour classroom portion of our first large class (12 people, which is as many as we can handle).

All I can say is WOW.

Seriously, I would do this for cigarette money. I haven't had this much fun with my clothes on in a long, long time.

The class were 10 women and 2 men. Almost all teachers and a couple of bonified antis. (congrats to them for taking the class).

We did a hybrid class which we call basic personal security. It includes NRA home firearms safety, basic pistol and a lot of custom content on use of force, situational awareness, practical CC concerns, home security etc.

I was really sweating the curriculum. Fortunately I have a lot of (firearms unrelated) training experience, but still, I was sweating the use of force, practical application of CC etc. Fortunately the dozens of hours I put into curriculum development, consultation with attorneys and some helpful handholding by Ken Maurer really paid off.

The first class is done and I have people emailing and calling for another class. We actually got thank you emails from a couple of people!

I just wanted to share with you guys the elation my wife and I felt after this thing was done. We nailed it, which is props to us. We had all the info, which is props to all of you guys as well.

If I had known how good this thing felt I would have been doing it long before now. Thanks to all of you for a ton of solid, useful information.

-Bill

That's great, Bill. Seems like a very comprehensive program that you offer. 12 hours is a long day, or do you break it into two days? I know that my LTC classroom instruction was not very thorough, when I took it. It's good to have good, qualified people like yourself out there.

Lotta rain out there?

That's great, Bill. Seems like a very comprehensive program that you offer. 12 hours is a long day, or do you break it into two days? I know that my LTC classroom instruction was not very thorough, when I took it. It's good to have good, qualified people like yourself out there.

Lotta rain out there?

We do it in three 4-hour classes over 2 weeks and then spend 4 hours on the range.

Back
Top Bottom