Ottawa Hills officer's trial opens with dash cam vid

Boston_007, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, that was just wrong.
Hopefully some crooked cop doesn't put a bullet in anyone you know.

While I agree that the officer's actions in this case were wrong, I wouldn't call him crooked based solely on this event.
He made a mistake. A big, big mistake that he will be paying for. The shot came, as was pointed out, righter after the guy started to turn slightly. In my mind it's pretty obvious that the officer overreacted and the result was almost as bad as it possibly could have been. That one mistake, no matter how big, doesn't mean that he was "crooked" or had poor moral character. For all we know he could have been one of the many good cops out there that was on edge for some reason. While it doesn't excuse the incident, I'd simply refrain from drawing too many conclusions about him with the little we really know.

Lucas County Assistant Prosecutor Jeff Lingo described the case as very difficult for him to handle as a former police officer and firearms instructor - "I would say there are no winners. I believe the jury made the right decision," he said.

That summed it up. 2 lives ruined. One is 24 the other is 27 years old. [sad2]

wow, that video is scary! Ive been pulled over on my bike, and while I put the bike in neutral and killed the engine, my hands were on my hips. I got pulled over for no inspection sticker, and while I try to be respectful to the point of being a suck-up, at no point did the thought cross my mind that the cop would think I had a gun. I want to know why the officer in this video even had his gun drawn... hand on it in the holster, sure... but drawn and aimed?

Did you blast away from a stop sign with the cop behind you? Did you only stop after your buddy wiped out? Then stop and almost immediately put your hand on your hip? I don't like the way it looks, but I've seen worse video that was redeemed by a second camera angle.

Look at the whole video, I'm not saying 'good shoot' or 'bad shoot', but you people missed 7/8th the friggin video. I looked for a complete video, everything on the two websites looked edited by the TV crew. Just from what I've seen though, it's not a pretty video sitting here in my nice comfy computer chair, not wearing my armor, and it's daylight for a change.

Edited: Just read the conviction story. So it was found to be a bad shoot. I don't remember the original story saying he was a aux police officer. Cutting corners leads to bad things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom