Opinions wanted: Tru-Glo sights

Twigg

NES Member
I'm considering a set of sights by Tro-Glo for my Glock. These combine Fiber Optics with Tritium.

TG131GT1-Large.jpg

Tru-Glo Brite Sight Handgun Series
Some features:
Uses our patented TFO technology.
Unbelievable transition through all light conditions.
Glows in the dark.
Green front and rear.
Concealed fiber cannot be seen by target.
Fits standard holsters.
Snag-resistant design.

Anybody use these ? Opinions please.

They look great and provide a bright 3-dot sight picture. One user several years ago ruined his with a solvent, I don't know if they protect them any better now. If I were really interested in Tritium I would go with a traditional configuration rather then risk messing up those expensive tubes. Don't spray brake cleaner on them and they should be fine.

I just got a set, with the green up front and yellow ones in the back. The eye is drawn by the green so concentrating on the front sight should be easy -- they are not installed yet. I was about to put them on a 17 that just came back from factory refurb; then a 34 was offered, but I haven't consummated the deal yet.

They are hands down better then the Heine straight-8's I have on my 26. And with the 2 different colors you solve the same problem as the straight-8s; making sure the front dot isn't left or right of both rear dots.

I can bring them to a Riverside or Harvard IDPA practice if you are interested in seeing them.

-= chuck

Chuck,

When you get them on the G17 (or 34), can you issue a range report? Seems like questions on these come up fairly often, and I've been looking at these sites for both a 22 and 27 too.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom