Opinion wanted

Hi everyone,
Just curious as to people's opinions on the Taurus 1911 .45
It's relatively cheap, but supposedly is a nice gun. Anyone have any experience with it?
Thanks
Tim

I have not, but a friend has fired a Taurus and liked it.
My girlfriend just took her pistol permit class and they fired a Tautus 9mm.
She said that kept jamming for everyone but her, she thinks its operator error on loading the mags. I tell you what, I bought a Ruger P95 9mm as my 1st gun because it was the cheapest 9mm I could find new, and I love it. Never had a jam, or misfire, and I have put over 5000 rounds through it. Never heard anything bad about Taurus either.

$560
I should also add that the reason I am looking at this .45 is because I am simply not good enough to deserve or afford one that costs well over a thousand bucks. From what I have read, the Taurus comes with a bunch of extras that you normally would find on more expensive guns.

I haven't fired one yet so I can't speak on reliability. But, I did get to take a close look at one recently. The fit and finish was very nice. Slide fit was good and the trigger broke very clean.

$560
I should also add that the reason I am looking at this .45 is because I am simply not good enough to deserve or afford one that costs well over a thousand bucks. From what I have read, the Taurus comes with a bunch of extras that you normally would find on more expensive guns.

No such thing as don't deserve. You are in the running for a nice used S&W or Colt in
that price range. How often do you get to shoot? How many nice guns
do you own? You deserve to have something that you are proud of
and really enjoy during your precious range time for just a little (< $100) more money.

p.s. I bought a used 1911 that was sent to Novak's for a lot of custom work for well under $1000.

F

I bought a used S&W 45 for just over $400, very clean, & a great gun. Like firtree said, everyone deserve to have a gun they are proud of. Keep your eyes open at your local gun shops and a nice used 45 will show up sooner or later.

I have a Taurus PT92 in 9MM and a Taurus in .38 Super and have never had any trouble with them. Fit and finish is nice on both. The 9mm takes any factory or reload I use. The .38 Super has only had reloads but they are RN, TC, FMJ and JHP. I never wanted a Taurus until I shot a friends a few years ago and found out they were not to bad.

I can't speak for their 1911, but my Taurus Millenium Pro 45 is an excellent gun. Not a single FTF or FTE even with crap ammo.

I believe Taurus guns are truely underrated.

Back
Top Bottom