opinion on para Mags

I have 2 post ban 10 round nickle and 3 preban 14 round black for a p1445. All of them produce FTLs... The more I use the 10 rounders the less FTLs I seem to get, so I am blaming the mags rather than the pistol. Is Para Quality control so bad that 5 of there mags cause FTLs? Does anyone have expierence with High cap double stack para mags? What is your opinion of the quality.. Also, if you have suggestions, I am all ears

The Hi caps for my P16-40 work fine and have for several years. But I remember having jamming problems when I first bought the gun (used) years ago.

I think I bought new magazine springs (Para square springs) Dawson followers and Dawson base pads. A friend had a similar problem, with his P14-45, but used Wolf (gunsprings.com) magazine springs.

If you're reloading you might try different over all lengths, if not you might try different ammunition.

How old/new is everything? Sometimes new springs take a little while to "break in".

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
Thanks
I have ordered some folowers.. For some reason I never thought about the Ammo (Winchester white box 230 Gr FMJ).. It is kind of a staple around here, but I will try a few others. If the followers help, but not fix, I'll try the springs next... Everything is within 3 months of factory NIB.

Thanks for the suggestions

WOW!!! more than I needed to know [smile] tnx.... BTW to Jkelly's point one of the links says that the mags dont like the long loads.. specificallt 230gr FMJ... Maybe they will digest something smaller Tnx again

I sent Para a note and they sent me an RMA for the mags... It sounds crazy to have 5 mags from 2 supplies screwed up so I went to Ware Gun shop. Chris found a small crease on the fron side of the hi caps.. no paint chips, so his guess was that it was a manufact error. The 10 rounders are still acting up, but not as much as they were... I may have to shoot them straight !!!!! [laugh2]

I have 3 Hi Cap and 2 10 rounders for my P13-45 and had all kinds of problems. I ordered the wolf springs for the mags and lost the FTL.

Back
Top Bottom