Open-carry litter pickup in Manchester's "hood" May 4

Good luck! Wish I could be there, but am busy on Saturday. Keep us posted on the next event!

Why are you kicking the hornets nest? We have some of the BEST gun laws in the country. Some if not most people get nervous around guns. Why do we need a protest at all? No sense making us gun owners out to be "we have our rights so we are going to put them under your nose"!

Why are you kicking the hornets nest? We have some of the BEST gun laws in the country. Some if not most people get nervous around guns. Why do we need a protest at all? No sense making us gun owners out to be "we have our rights so we are going to put them under your nose"!
UH ?!

please tell us what you're typing about ....

[thinking] You have your rights FOR NOW. I'll conceed to your statement that most people are nervous around guns, albeit needlessly. A right that you don't exercise will probably be taken away, when the "nervous" masses demand it.

wish i had seen this post earlier...specialy since the date has been moved up to today.[frown]

worked late,tired and not to mention things to do..

BTW-youtube link isn't working..(at least for me it isn't)

These events should be a weekly occurrence. We gun owners are in a constant war, not of our choosing, to preserve our rights. You don't win your wars by hiding.

Forget about that portion of the population so entrenched in their hatred of guns and the freedom they represent. They're hopeless. These events can and must be used to soften the image of gun owners, and to make the fence-sitters comfortable with the idea of heavily-armed neighbors.

Apathy on our part can ONLY lead to undesirable ends.

It's not a protest. It is simply doing a good deed. The fact that the people will be open carrying is not an issue because it is their right, no different than if they were open carrying a flashlight or a cell phone really. But there are people that want to take away your right to keep and bear arms. Need proof? look at all of us frustrated Ma**h***s. Don't end up like us, we have to fight to gain our rights back. All you have to do is make sure nobody takes them in the first place.

I like the idea of people cleaning up garbage in the city I live in but I'm not quite sure I understand the motivation behind tying it in with open carry. It seems like a drastic cry for attention. I personally would not open carry as I feel it draws unecessary attention to myself and puts me into the situation of being confronted by a criminal intending to steal my gun who may have otherwise avoided me if I carried concealed because he would not know I had a gun. (obviously this will not be a problem for this large group of people)

The other thing this does is rile up the anti-gun soccer moms and such. We currently have legal open carry and shall issue concealed carry permits in this state. There are few to zero elected officials in favor of changing this and as far as I know no bills in the state house that include changing this. It seems like this group is all about putting on a show. You put on two many shows and people may get sick of it and before you know it open carry may be legislated against. Open carry is there for a reason, if someone wishes to protect themselves and they do not have a concealed carry permit then they can carry openly immediately after they buy a gun (for example a woman who is being stalked and can't wait the possible 14 days for a permit but needs to carry now, an extreme example I know).

Put it this way. If you could legally not pay federal incomes taxes the first week of every month by virtue of an awesome law, and no politicians intended to change it, and no voters who are in favor of more taxes were aware of it or trying to change it, wouldn't you just go on not paying those taxes until someone threatened that right? or would you walk around Manchester from the first to the seventh of every month telling everyone how you aren't paying your federal income tax this week? Why draw the attention to something that is already working out great for you?

Maybe I'm just confused but this just seems like something that will come back to bite us in the ass later. Please If you disagree with me let me know why. I actually want to be proven wrong here because I enjoy groups standing up for our 2a rights; I just don't understand what's being changed here?

Last edited:
NHPR's morning news carried a brief blurb on the cleanup. I'd say it was entirely positive; they didn't hype anything and didn't get anything wrong, though it was so short some listeners might not 'get' the carry laws.

Nothing wrong with exercising your legal (Federal Constitution, State Constitution, and God-given) rights.

I just don't understand the people who say "shh! you'll scare the sheep and they will take our rights away": you keep you rights by standing up for them, by educating people, by acting within the law, by contacting your legislators, and by going to hearings in the state house when rights are threatened.

Back
Top Bottom