One shot no injury "active shooter" in natick

Video of the guy barely escaping with his life:

View: https://www.facebook.com/NatickPolice/videos/271801677070771/

At 2:41 AM this date we received a call of shot(s) fired at the Crowne Plaza hotel. Upon receipt of the call several communities; Framingham, Sherborn, Ashland, Wayland, Wellelsey, State Police and NEMLEC sent assets to aid this Department. Further support was provided by the Natick DPW in the delivery of barricades to help secure the area. We remain humbled and grateful for the expedient and professional response by all.

Initial units made an assessment to evacuate several of the hotel guests in an abundance of caution to secure the building in the event the suspect had remained in the building. Several areas were searched and secured until hotel facilities and management arrived allowing us access to the building’s video system. It was at that point it was determined the suspect had fled the area without completely entering the lobby. After allowing for ballistic and crime scene documentation and collection hotel guests were allowed to re-enter.

Detectives in conjunction with the services provided by the Massachusetts State Police are earnestly engaged to close this matter out. At present the subject who fired the weapon is unknown to us, but it is presently believed he is not from the direct area. The victim sustained minor injury not believed to have been caused by gunfire. The manner in which the victim and the assailant came to know each other and what precipitated the event are at task. We do not believe this event poses any additional threat to our community.

Additionally, we would be remiss if we did not mention that the staff and management of the Crowne Plaza Hotel remained professional and most accommodating throughout this event. They clearly work well together and they made our jobs that much easier. They are to be congratulated for their dedication to the safety of their guests under the literal threat of fire.

Anyone that can assist with the identification is asked to contact the Natick Police Department Detective Division at: 508-647-9520. You may report anonymously using our Online Reporting system found at www.natickpolice.com

or by using this link: http://www.natickma.gov/201/Online-Reporting See Less

At 2:41 AM this date we received a call of shot(s) fired at the Crowne Plaza hotel. Upon receipt of the call several communities; Framingham, Sherborn, Ashland, Wayland, Wellelsey, State Police and NEMLEC sent assets to aid this Department. Further support was provided by the Natick DPW in the delivery of barricades to help secure the area. We remain humbled and grateful for the expedient and professional response by all.

Initial units made an assessment to evacuate several of the hotel guests in an abundance of caution to secure the building in the event the suspect had remained in the building. Several areas were searched and secured until hotel facilities and management arrived allowing us access to the building’s video system. It was at that point it was determined the suspect had fled the area without completely entering the lobby. After allowing for ballistic and crime scene documentation and collection hotel guests were allowed to re-enter.

Detectives in conjunction with the services provided by the Massachusetts State Police are earnestly engaged to close this matter out. At present the subject who fired the weapon is unknown to us, but it is presently believed he is not from the direct area. The victim sustained minor injury not believed to have been caused by gunfire. The manner in which the victim and the assailant came to know each other and what precipitated the event are at task. We do not believe this event poses any additional threat to our community.

Additionally, we would be remiss if we did not mention that the staff and management of the Crowne Plaza Hotel remained professional and most accommodating throughout this event. They clearly work well together and they made our jobs that much easier. They are to be congratulated for their dedication to the safety of their guests under the literal threat of fire.

Anyone that can assist with the identification is asked to contact the Natick Police Department Detective Division at: 508-647-9520. You may report anonymously using our Online Reporting system found at www.natickpolice.com

More gun laws would stop that. I bet the guy running knows the shooter.

why the hell did the escapee come back? he looked to be free n clear.

Probably more like half naked people forced out of their beds and out of their rooms without being allowed to get dressed so they took the blankets for warmth.

I.e., responding units went Full Watertown.

Man would I hate to be rousted out of a sound sleep for some
police control action without having the presence of mind
to just play the cricket sound clip on my cell phone and shelter in place.

Video of the guy barely escaping with his life
At first I thought you wrote:
Video of the guy barely escaping his wife​
Which certainly had the air of cromlence.

So that the police could toss each room without warrants (exigent circumstances)!
Hold that thought.

Additionally, we would be remiss if we did not mention that the staff and management of the Crowne Plaza Hotel remained professional and most accommodating throughout this event.
You were saying, Len?

Last edited:

Jesus christ.

The only thing missing was a calliope and a popcorn vendor.... [rofl]

My mother would point out that nothing good is going down at 2:41am.

Good grief. Talk about panic, overkill and once again, more cops self deploying way out of their jurisdiction for a single gunshot/gangbanger incident? I remember riding the police motor around the hood for years at night and hearing gunshots go off nearby almost daily, I’d just duck down and hit the throttle in case they were incoming my direction and keep going. Happy to let them kill each other.

Maybe those responding units from other towns would’ve had better luck if they simply set up a perimeter at their own borders instead of racing past the suspect to get to the crime scene when the bad guy is already long gone.

Good grief. Talk about panic, overkill and once again, more cops self deploying way out of their jurisdiction for a single gunshot/gangbanger incident? I remember riding the police motor around the hood for years at night and hearing gunshots go off nearby almost daily, I’d just duck down and hit the throttle in case they were incoming my direction and keep going. Happy to let them kill each other.

Maybe those responding units from other towns would’ve had better luck if they simply set up a perimeter at their own borders instead of racing past the suspect to get to the crime scene when the bad guy is already long gone.
Well, there has to be SOME reason to fire up the bearcat, otherwise the budget for a new one will disappear.

If memory serves me the biggest risk in this town is SWAT tripping and discharging a machine gun into the back of your head.

Nah, you got Natick confused with Framingham
Yup. And the Framingham/Middlesex broom sweeps cleanly and quickly. The DA was talking "accident for which no charges are appropriate" before the body was buried.

In a hotel attack, you must be very careful about answering your door or hotel phone. The phone should never be answered (as it could be terrorists figuring out which room to exterminate), and the door not opened until police arrive. The interior lock will slow things down enough in a mass evacuation to get dressed, put shoes on and discretely arm.

KKK meeting?

Sure it's not the Natick Klan meeting?

Duoh, someone beat me to.it.

Wouldn't be me in a sheet. Not getting out of a hotel bed for one loud bang, shot or not.

What was it, a Ghost convention? Or maybe a Clan gathering?

ETA: I shoulda known you clowns would have already made those wisecracks [rofl]

Funny story about Klan meetings. A year or two ago, I was riding my motorcycle up 114 through Barrington, RI. Barrington is the second-richest town in RI and very suburban and white. It was around the early afternoon, nice bright sunny day. There's a radio station on 114 and as I come up to it, I see a bunch of people holding signs and wearing all white. I think to myself, "what is this, the Barrington Klan rally?"

Turns out to be the local BLM (not Bureau of Land Management) chapter protesting something. Wearing all white.

Funny story about Klan meetings. A year or two ago, I was riding my motorcycle up 114 through Barrington, RI. Barrington is the second-richest town in RI and very suburban and white. It was around the early afternoon, nice bright sunny day. There's a radio station on 114 and as I come up to it, I see a bunch of people holding signs and wearing all white. I think to myself, "what is this, the Barrington Klan rally?"

Turns out to be the local BLM (not Bureau of Land Management) chapter protesting something. Wearing all white.

Next time BLM dons the white, someone should alert Antifa about the 'Klan Rally'.

So that the police could toss each room without warrants (exigent circumstances)!
Most puzzling on the sheets. It is generally quicker to grab a coat off a chair or hanger than to pull the bedpsread off and disconnect a sheet from the bed. I wonder if the police demanded the hotel customers leave all personal effects for searching.

Back
Top Bottom