• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One of the many reasons, my wifey is the best!

So, my birthday is coming up real soon. Of course the wife is always trying to celebrate my birthday in big style, me I just treat it like any other day and just chill out. In any case, I always let her do something because it means so much to her, and it makes her happy. Well, this year is a milestone year, and no I am not telling which one, she wanted to do get me something really nice.

Well turns out, we were at Stateline Gun Shop the other day, and were looking into getting a bolt action rifle. Like always, I mossey over to the display cases with all the revolvers and western 6 shooters. She knows that way back when I was a kid, when my stepdad and I went shooting, him and I would pound lead with his old 44 mag. Ruger Super Blackhawk. A big old hand cannon. Everytime we would go to a gun show or to Stateline, I would always ask any of the guys their, if they wouldn't mind letting me paw at one.

So I am their yesterday, just sniffing around, and she calls me. I tell her where I am, and of course I can hear her eyes rolling. She asks if I see anything I like, hhhmmmm, let me think.

I told her about a couple of rifles, and this nice little Ruger Blackhawk .357, with the extra 9mm cylinder, 4 5/8 inch barrel, in near mint condition. She asked a couple of more questions about it, and asked if that is the one I was looking for. Not paying attention to the questions much, thinking it was just chit chat, I told her it was. I wanted one like my old mans, but something she could shoot comfortable too. I already have a .44 mag,( Ruger Redhawk 7.5"), and a nice .357 would round out the inventory nicely, plus with the 9mm cylinder, it would be like having three guns in one anyway. It was also my old western style I have been wanting. So the next words out of her mouth, "if you want it hun, happy birthday!"

So after Paul got done splashing water on my face, asking me to wake up, and if I was ok. I asked him to box it up, cause it found a new home.

Went and picked it up, and now is with it's little friends waiting to be fired. Of course I have been checking out old western holsters all night now, because you very well can't have a six shooter and no belt and rig.

Now I think I am obligated to give her sex, which I guess, is the least I can do, because she gave me a great, great birthday. And that is just one of the reasons my wife is the best.............

Wanna see what I got........................

IMG_0048.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Anyone want to give advice on a belt/holster rig for my newest toy?? Seems their are tons of people who make them, but I rather advice from those who have a specific brand or manufacturer they have delt with for their CA guns. Thanks for any advice.

UPDATE 10/15/09

Well here is a little update, I met the wife at the range for lunch. I promised her, since she was the one who let me get the new gun for my B-Day, she fires the first shots out of it. She is into firearms as much as I am, so I am a lucky person. Their is no gun debate in my house, except for the occasional, " ok, how do you plan on paying for that one dear?" or " Honey, gun oil WILL NOT help with dry eyes, so stop suggesting it" [smile].

Well, she LOVES my new toy, she was pissed she had to get back to work. She loved the idea of firing 9mm and 38spl/.357 out of the same gun. She loved the way it handles, and the fact it has no real kick to speak of. I was very impressed with it's accuracy, considering it is 30 years old, I looked up the serial #'s and was floored. Made in 1979. I am convinced that this had to have been a safe queen, and was only fired only a few times. What a great little gun. And to top it off, she loves it. Now the only problem I see, she is going to want to shoot it all the time. Dang it. [smile]

Congrats man! Sounds like a cool gun. I am printing this story now so I can show my gf later and get her thinking about Christmas....

Back
Top Bottom