• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One load for all yours 9mm or one per handgun.

I have to ask, why 3 different weights. I settled on 147gr for everything because they are more thumpy than snappy in my little LC9.
I don't necessarily buy bullets when I need them. A lot of times, if I see a good deal, I snap it up, so I can end up with several different bullets per caliber.

I'm still loading powder and primers that I bought from Perry White's gun shop so my costs reflect 1980s prices. But even if I had to buy components at today's prices I'd definitely still reload. With scrounged brass and my cast lead bullets along with powder and primers that I bought 30 years ago I think 50 rounds of .38 spl cost me around $3.00, maybe less.

Last edited:
I currently have 4 loads of 9mm on hand.

The bulk of that is my USPSA minor power factor load, it's a 147gr coated lead bullet that I get at a very nice discount and results in under 10 cents per completed round. This load shoots soft and accurate in all my gamer guns, but I tend to not use it for practice in my carry guns.

The second is the same bullet and powder, at a reduced load, this is actually for my 9mm carbine, so technically not a pistol load (is sub minor in a 5" barrel)

The third is a hotter load using 124gr plated bullet that mimics a factory loading. I use this for practice in my carry guns.

The fourth only came about because I came across several thousand 115gr jhp for basically free. These are loaded fairly hot with a slower powder.

Back
Top Bottom