One Liners: Right to MARRY?...Right to CARRY

Here's a one liner fit for a bumpersticker

Right to MARRY?...Right to CARRY

Tough one for the anti's to really argue with successfully......

Now....I'm not suggesting that a Fed/Supreme Court solution would be best....quite the opposite.....further incorporation will only result in ruin long term imho....

Anyone else have any good one line zingers for the anti rkba tyrants?

if you dont like guns, dont call the cops (they have a bunch of them)

Legal gun owners have a lower crime rate then the police

why do I have guns? I am a better caliber of person...

civilians deserve the same protections as the police and politicans

"why do I have guns? I am a better caliber of person..."

Group Buy for this one?
[smile]

Show me in the Bill Of Rights where the Right to Bear Arms is...now show me where Marriage is...

"If gun owners were as violent as antis say we are, there'd be no antis left."

I think about this all of the time. But now, let me try to explain to you an anti's logic. Gang members murder people with guns. Those statistics are reflected on the non-criminal gun owner, while the gang member is seen as an individual who is a victim of his circumstance.

Show me in the Bill Of Rights where the Right to Bear Arms is...now show me where Marriage is...

ummmm...I know it's in there somewhere...[wink]

...pursuit of happiness. [laugh2]

Sorry. I lived in Cambridge for 9 years and heard much of this type of selective and creative interpretation.

Last edited:
Isnt that "Pursuit of Happiness" line in the Declaration not the Constitution?

You are correct. I was being facetious. I'll answer the way they would have.

"what difference does it make?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...res-flawed-u-s-constitution-article-1.1750804

hancock10n-1-web.jpg

The bill of rights is not meant to allow you to do anything, it's to stop the government from preventing you from doing something.

If guns kill people then a spoon made you fat right?

Also... If you blame guns for shootings do you blame the pencil for misspelling words?

Saw a meme yesterday along the lines of "kill a lion in Africa and hunters are evil people. Kill a person in America and guns are evil objects."

if you dont like guns, dont call the cops (they have a bunch of them)

Legal gun owners have a lower crime rate then the police

why do I have guns? I am a better caliber of person...

civilians deserve the same protections as the police and politicans
Police are civilians, even if they think otherwise.

Technically speaking, aren't LEO's and Pol's civilians too?

Yes, but I dont like the way it sounds if I say 'citizens'... that gives racist liberals to much fodder for saying that I (and by extention all gun owners, because any who reads this forum knows, we all agree on everything 100% of the time) are anti - imigrant and only think that 'white' people need guns or some such bull.

- - - Updated - - -

...pursuit of happiness. [laugh2]

Sorry. I lived in Cambridge for 9 years and heard much of this type of selective and creative interpretation.

nothing says happiness better then a Select fire AK pistiol with a 100 rd drum mag... so can I buy one now?

I call inhabitants of a country/state/municipality who are not police non-police.

true, but it dosnt have the same 'feel' to the words. I think the lanquage I had on my last protest sign was "Law Abinding Civilians deserve the same protection as police and politicans"... but even that seems to wordy for a bumber sticker. The shorter, the better when people read it doing 75MPH

It's all the fault of Bob Owens of Townhall.com's "BearingArms" blog for suggesting this.

NRA disagrees with this argument, but does see Obergefell as encouraging:
NRA said:
But there is a lesson gun owners can draw from Obergefell. An uncontested fact mentioned in Chief Justice Roberts’s dissent in the case is that no society was known to have permitted same-sex marriage before 2001. Now, in 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court has found it to be a fundamental right that cannot be overturned by any state legislature or popular referendum. Whatever one’s view of same-sex marriage, the incredible shift in this area shows what is possible when people dedicate themselves to a common cause.

That is the true lesson of the Obergefell decision for gun owners, who should not rest until Second Amendment rights are similarly respected in all 50 states. That is why the NRA will continue to lead the fight in the legislative, legal and political arenas to secure national right to carry reciprocity so that all Americans can defend themselves everywhere they are legally entitled to be.

true, but it dosnt have the same 'feel' to the words. I think the lanquage I had on my last protest sign was "Law Abinding Civilians deserve the same protection as police and politicans"... but even that seems to wordy for a bumber sticker. The shorter, the better when people read it doing 75MPH
And if you put that on a "bumber" sticker it reinforces the incorrect notion growing more popular in the media and among militarists, police, and authoritarians both left and right that the police are not civilians.

Beyond that, bumper stickers only express the views of he/she who affixed them.

Back
Top Bottom