One Broomhandle wasn't enough !!!!Broomhandle needed for my collection

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
My fellow collectors I am on a quest to purchase a Brommhandle.
I posted the following in the WTB section of the forum however my fellow collectors who visit this MilSurp section of the forum are a wealth of finding such items. Any leads please PM me. I will paste my
post in the WTB section of the forum:

I am looking to purchase a Broomhandle. I don't care if it's chambered in 7.35,9mm,45ACP OR 30 caliber.
It can be commercial or war time manufacture. Matching numbers is not a requirement. I ask only it be NRA very good condition and have a good bore.
Please PM me with any information. No Gunbroker firearms please. If you know of any dealers who may have some in stock that works as well. Distance is not an issue.
I am currently bidding on five on the Rock Island Auction.
Thank you folks.

Last edited:
My list too. I saw one at the Plymouth Gun Show. Somewhere else to; I'll try to remember.

T

Last edited:
My new addtion

Thanks to Rock Island auction at 4:35p.m. I became the proud owner of this commercial Broomhandle. Rated 100%!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 46
Thank you Tim. Yes it's chambered in 7.63. I have another one I am bidding on tommrow.

wow, what a beautiful looking pistol,if thats the one you get there the finish is near perfect!

That is the exact pistol I won. Rock Island Auction company posts pictures of the items but also send out three large color three ring soft covered binders with pictures of each lot or as they call it lot which has a detailed picture and history of the piece. They are pricey but you would NEVER find the selection or the condition of the items at any gunshop around here.

I had bid on two Broomhandles , the first a commercial and the pistol below was converted to 9 mm with matching shoulder stock. The collector gods were smiling on me. Here she is:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
How much do the 45acp ones go for?

I did not see any for this particular auction. I suggest you go to their web page and request a hard copy of the items that will be on the auction block. The firearms auctioned by Rock Island are from collections. They are top notch. Very rarely would you see the quality of the pieces up for auction at your local gunshow. If you happen to stumble upon one the prices are far higher than what I at least have paid using Rock Island. The auction in Nov I won acWestinghouse Mosin that never went over seas. The wood and bluing was 100% and my final cost after shipping was $900!!!! I also won a pre war Polish Radom that looked like it was built and hidden away in a vault. $785!!!!!
So bookmark thier page and keep an eye out for a Broomhandle chambered in 45ACP. I did see one on GB as well as on chambered in 30 carbine.
Don't be scared off by the prices shown. They also have some beautiful rifles.
There is a dealer who has one chambered in 7.63 with a non matching stock and the asking price is 2k. I haven't seen it but he said its in really nice shape.
The 45ACP's are hard to find and usually demand top dollar.
I will keep my eye on the Rock Island Auction site for you and will PM you if I find one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom