• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Olight Flashlights

No, but I may try one. Thanks

I may try the sticker but the turnoff for me is the scalloped front the tends to tear up the pockets of my pants.

Have a couple. Not as nice as 4Sevens but they have held up well and the one issue I had they replaced the part without question, a tailcap switch failed.

After trying a few different brands of lights(Fenix, Thrunite, 4sevens, Klarus) I've used Olights exclusively for a couple years now, daily in a construction job. They've been dropped, abused, put through the wash, and keep on going strong. They're the only lights I use these days, and I use them a ton. The S1R and S2R are great and the magnetic tailcap charging system is awesome. Might try the headlamp next.

I have two Olight's. Love them. S1R and S30R models. Will check out the sales in more detail later. Looking to get one with the head band next.

I have a number of them, they have all been totally flawless and reliable and can take a beating, or give one if necessary:) . I recommend them highly.

I have a rechargeable Baton, a number of different Warrior models (maybe they are calling them the Javelot line now), and the the Maverick/Striker lights.

Do they come with chargers or are the sold separately? I'm new to this and am going to buy a couple tomorrow and want to make sure I do it right

Have Olights and Fenix. Both brands are great.
Bought Olights (S30R) from the group buy on NES and, as mentioned by others, the magnetic base come in very handy. Though, I'm finding the side button to not be my cup of tea (fiddling to find it in the dark).
The Fenix headlamps (hl60r) are excellent to the point where I actually enjoy wearing them. Even over tinfoil. Used them in the backcountry and have found I don't need to carry much more than that (though, I haven't tried them much in extreme weather. Below freezing, yes). Pretty good discount using the code available in the forum.

Do they come with chargers or are the sold separately? I'm new to this and am going to buy a couple tomorrow and want to make sure I do it right
Yes, the ones I've bought (Olight) in the past come with the charging base. Check the description to be sure.

I'll give another positive vote for Olight. I have an Olight model M10 (discontinued) in my pocket right now. It has served me well for more than three years. Olight and Fenix are two of the brands that I prefer.

Last edited:
OLight is having a Christmas sale.

Olight LED Flashlights - Online Shop | OlightStore.com

I think that my Black Friday purchase is arriving today. Guess they were overwhelmed with online purchases. But in their defense I understand that many companies were and that UPS/FEDEX/USPS had a difficult time handling all of the deliveries on time.

Olight Rechargeable vs Regular

How do people feel about the rechargeable versions of Olight flashlights, in particular the S1 and S2 models. Any experiences with either of the versions which push towards one or the other?

I have and use the S1R every day, I charge it maybe once a week with the magnetic charger. Works perfect and has been for months now - have no plans to go back to the non magnetic charging version.

Got an S2R from the deal posted above coming in today.

Olight Rechargeable vs Regular

How do people feel about the rechargeable versions of Olight flashlights, in particular the S1 and S2 models. Any experiences with either of the versions which push towards one or the other?

I'm a flashlight junkie and have gone as far as to build my own flashlights.

Olight makes good lights and has a good reputation.

I'm not a fan of in flashlight recharging. The recharging circuits are generally poorly designed due to space restrictions and the recharging process is much slower. They even have recharging circuits built into batteries these days. I avoid them for the same reasons.

When it comes to rechargeable batteries stay away from anything that has "fire"in the name like UltraFire. It is usually junk and dangerous.

These are the battery suppliers I have bought from in the past and I can highly recommend them. Good batteries at a good price.
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery/cell distributor
Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

This is a great little charger/power bank:
Nitecore F1 FlexBank USB Li-ion Charger and Powerbank - Chargers - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

This is the charge I use when I am looking for a portable battery charger:
Amazon product ASIN B01M5KU97QView: https://www.amazon.com/compact-magnetic-charger-EdisonBright-battery/dp/B01M5KU97Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515676587&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=olight+magnetic+charger&psc=1

This is my regular duty charger as I am normally multiple batteries:
Nitecore D4 Digicharger Li-ion, NiMH/NiCd Charger - Chargers - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

The Klarus Mi7 is my go to flashlight these days. I run a rechargeable lithium 14500 battery in mine. It also will take a AA. The power button extends above the body so it is prone to accidental power. I lock it out when I toss it in my pocket. It's hard to beat 700 lumens in such a small package. Amazon lists it for $40.00 but it can be had for $20.00 if you join the BLF (Budget Light Forums) and order from China directly using one of their codes. It will take a few weeks to get here though.

Mi7 Kaleidoscope Series - MI Series - LED Rechargeable Brightest Tactical Flashlight-KLARUS

Bob

I have the flashlight that Hunter Douglas sells on TV.The one that blinds the bad guys,can get run over by a tank,and I can look cool while tucking&rolling.

I have an i3es on my key ring. It’s really nice for a single aaa light. Been thinking of getting an s1 baton. I think that’s the single cr123 model.

I also have an i3es on one of my key rings and consider it a good choice

In addition I have the S1 Mini Baton and like it very much. May be a tad large for many people as a key ring light but it fits nicely in a pocket and has a good max output (600 lumens).

I had (emphasis on the "had") the S1R Mini (rechargeable) which I liked. I use the term "had" because I have found one of the few flaws in the mini series. They are so small (how small are they?) that it is too easy to put it down somewhere or drop it without noticing and you have then lost the best $50 flashlight on the market. Have a replacement on the way but I am going to have to figure out a way to attach it to something else, thereby negating the smallness factor but making it less likely to lose. :(

What recommendation for a good rechargeable carry lite, I don't want a mini penlight, a larger pocket size.
I looked on the Olight site, but looking for the best model you guys have had experience with

What recommendation for a good rechargeable carry lite, I don't want a mini penlight, a larger pocket size.
I looked on the Olight site, but looking for the best model you guys have had experience with

S1R or S2R, I like the S2R because it's a bit bigger and easier to hold.

Here's a picture of three of the most common models mentioned in this thread, The SR2, S1Mini and the i3e.

The i3e fits well on a key ring and is bright enough to be useful.

The S1Mini has a rechargeable battery. The charging port is built into the battery, not the shell. It is definitely bright enough to distract someone. It's also small enough to lose easily without something attached to it.

The SR2 is definitely bright, about 1050 lumens on turbo mode IIRC. Both the S1Mini and SR2 have multiple modes of light levels and the "manual of arms" to change the mode apparently is the same in all the S series. The "R" models can be recharged thru a magnetic tail cap

I also purchased an M2T Warrior during their Shot Show special, but I haven't really examined it too closely yet. Having both the tail and a side-mounted switch is an interesting concept. Don't know if it's an original idea or not but each switch has different functions. IMG_0740.JPG

I also purchased an M2T Warrior during their Shot Show special, but I haven't really examined it too closely yet. Having both the tail and a side-mounted switch is an interesting concept. Don't know if it's an original idea or not but each switch has different functions.View attachment 220643
Some Fenix lights have a tail switch and button on the side. I carry a PD35 (though I’ve swapped between it and a polytac) and the tailswitch is off/on whereas the side button cycles through modes. Works very well. I keep it on turbo for quick bright light but if I need low light I just cycle down.

Thanks for reminding me. I tried to place an order last night but they were having computer issues. They did extend the order till today to make up for this.

Back
Top Bottom