OK..I've lurked long enough...

Hello all.

My Name's Bill and I want to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge I've received from lurking in the shadows for the past week .

I am currently waiting on my LTC AND IT'S KILLING ME!!! lol I can't really complain though, it's barely two weeks now.

I figured since I've learned so much from you all, I would jump in feet first into the GREEN.......definitely worth the price!

I look forward to getting to know you all, and I'll be seeing you in the forums.

Hey Bill - Good to have you here and have another member who supports our favorite pasttime.

So, what do you have your eye on? Any thought yet?

Well as soon as it's ok, I will be having my late grandfather's things passed to me.....

1956 S&W K22
1988 Taurus .38 special
1950 Marlin 39A
and an obscure pre WWII .410 shotgun

I will also then be heading straight to the store for the two-tone Ruger SR9C I've been drooling over...she'll be my CCW.

Awesome. Got a club in mind?

You can also take some classes at AFS or Sig Academy to help take the curse off the wait. You can also rent some guns at AFS or MFL to get some practice in.

Also, you don't need a permith to buy accessories like holsters, cleaning kits, safes, targets etc

Also, you don't need a permith to buy accessories like holsters, cleaning kits, safes, targets etc[/QUOTE].........i couldn't tease myself like that walking out with all that stuff an no Ruger...lol

Also, you don't need a permith to buy accessories like holsters, cleaning kits, safes, targets etc
.........i couldn't tease myself like that walking out with all that stuff an no Ruger...lol[/QUOTE]

If you want a decent holster you are going to have to order it online. Very few gunshops stock more than simple pocket holsters or Uncle Mike, Fobus etc. Just to many makes and models to stock them all

I can not recommend a good belt and holster enough, and I know many others here will agree. Besides, they make great Christmas presents!!! When people want to know what to get you for Christmas send them a link for a good belt or holster! falalalala- lalalala.

I do, Nenameseck in Ware.....

Welcome Bill. I'm a new member at the same club so maybe we'll run into each other (if my schedule ever lets me go shooting again [sad]).

Along the same lines as what Fencer mentions, S&W isn't that far away as well. Classes and range/rental time available while you wait.

Welcome Bill. I'm a new member at the same club so maybe we'll run into each other (if my schedule ever lets me go shooting again [sad]).

Along the same lines as what Fencer mentions, S&W isn't that far away as well. Classes and range/rental time available while you wait.

I too am a member at Nenameseck. I used to go every Saturday morning (year round) but because of health problems and lack of time I haven't been even once this year. [sad2]

Sorry to hear that "Red". I hope your health issues improve.

I'm looking at Nenameseck because being there ignited the desire...I was there recently replacing the roof on the rifle range and found myself wanting to be under that roof(incidentally you haven't lived until you've tried roofing over the bay of someone "plinking" with their .50cal lol)

HOLY S***!!![shocked] They allowed a 'hot' range, while you were on the roof?!?!

Well as soon as it's ok, I will be having my late grandfather's things passed to me.....

1956 S&W K22
1988 Taurus .38 special
1950 Marlin 39A
and an obscure pre WWII .410 shotgun

I will also then be heading straight to the store for the two-tone Ruger SR9C I've been drooling over...she'll be my CCW.

Ruger SR9C Good choice I love that gun.

HOLY S***!!![shocked] They allowed a 'hot' range, while you were on the roof?!?!

Actually it was left up to us.....we did it during the week so there weren't a lot of people showing up anyway. When people showed, they asked, we obliged......and weren't roofing directly over anyone...it's a pitched roof and we were behind the line...not on the range side I had walked down to the end where the guy was to grab something I left.........so don't be freaking out about the place...it was me. Who am i to deny 2a?

That's what I keep hearing...I can't wait to find out. And the other plus is i could shoot all day for what? $20?

For $20 bucks you can shoot the good stuff! And honestly, because you don't have feed issues with a revolver you don't need to buy the good stuff.

Ah..someone I can ask.... Have you tried the SR9? If so do you like the C better? I've heard the C actually shoot better than it's "big" brother, is that true?

I don't own the Ruger but I have shot them. And while there are exceptions to every rule, and every shooter is different, the general rule of thumb is that compact pistols are a bit less accurate than the full size versions. Shorter barrel, shorter sight radius is the compromise you make for the more compact size and concealability. One exception to this would be if the more compact size allowed you to get a better grip

Back
Top Bottom