Ohio Set to Allow Concealed Guns in Bars, Restaurants

Reptile

NES Member
Ohio Set to Allow Concealed Guns in Bars, Restaurants

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ealed-guns-in-bars-restaurants/#ixzz1PeYNlfmK

Ohio is on the verge of allowing people with concealed-carry permits to take their firearms into many facilities that serve alcohol, including bars, restaurants, and sports stadiums.
The Republican-controlled legislature passed the legislation this week and sent it to Gov. John Kasich's desk. A spokesman for Kasich, a first-term Republican, has said he would sign it.
Opponents say it will lead to a dangerous mix of booze and firearms.

----

So, can you get drunk while carrying?

Glaring omission in this article.

Yeah, just like in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky, and West Virginia.......[rolleyes]

and MA, NY, RI, CT and NH... all the NE states except ME have no "alcohol carry ban" and the one in Maine takes the form of a binding signage law applicable to licensed establishments only.

Usually FoxNews is pro-gun. I am surprised that they did not mention that a person can not drink at the bar while carrying. They make it sound like this law allows drunk people to carry in bars.

So, can you get drunk while carrying?

Glaring omission in this article.

It would have to be the immaculate inebriation.

From the article:

If Kasich signs the bill, state law would no longer prohibit people from carrying their concealed firearms into roughly 17,000 facilities where alcohol is served and consumed, as long as they don't drink.

and MA, NY, RI, CT and NH... all the NE states except ME have no "alcohol carry ban" and the one in Maine takes the form of a binding signage law applicable to licensed establishments only.

I do not recall ever reading an NH law that specifically stated you cannot carry and drink. It is certainly not in RSA 159.

Not that I advise carrying and drinking. I just do not think it is actually illegal in NH.

I believe it is more along the lines of don't be over the legal limit while carrying.

Usually FoxNews is pro-gun. I am surprised that they did not mention that a person can not drink at the bar while carrying. They make it sound like this law allows drunk people to carry in bars.

Something funny...in FL, it's legal to carry while blackout drunk as long as you only use the gun for self defense, or don't use it at all. It's legal to drink in the eating area of an Applebees while carrying and get trashed. But it's not legal to carry into a bar, even if you're not drinking. Go figure.

Something funny...in FL, it's legal to carry while blackout drunk as long as you only use the gun for self defense, or don't use it at all. It's legal to drink in the eating area of an Applebees while carrying and get trashed. But it's not legal to carry into a bar, even if you're not drinking. Go figure.

What?? You expect the plethora of laws to actually make sense??

Yeah, just like in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky, and West Virginia.......[rolleyes]

ahem . . and CT. We can carry and go to bars in CT. In fact, in my opinion CT law is a bit too lax in this respect. We are legal to carry and drink up to a BAC of .1%. Incidentally, you can't drive legally above .08%. So at .08 or .09, you are too drunk to drive, but its ok to carry a loaded handgun.

ahem . . and CT. We can carry and go to bars in CT. In fact, in my opinion CT law is a bit too lax in this respect. We are legal to carry and drink up to a BAC of .1%. Incidentally, you can't drive legally above .08%. So at .08 or .09, you are too drunk to drive, but its ok to carry a loaded handgun.
The .08 BAC was a federal strongarm for states to keep receiving federal highway funds.

Just another commerce clause "interpretation".

Guys, don't get bent out of shape if I didn't mention your state.

The point I was making is that according to buckeye moonbats all hell will break loose when this law gets signed despite the fact that such has been legal in every state surrounding Ohio for years if not decades.

Back
Top Bottom