• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ohio Police Chief Shoots Himself While Teaching Daughter Gun Safety

Reptile

NES Member
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459047,00.html

MONROE, Ohio — Police in southwestern Ohio say a police chief mistakenly shot himself in the thigh after giving his daughter a gun safety lesson.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

The report written by officers from neighboring Monroe says the bullet entered Schwarber's leg just above the knee.

When officers arrived, they found the chief lying on the floor with a towel covering his leg. Schwarber was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted. A home phone number for him couldn't be found.

I'll say it again. this is why only police and law enforcement are the only ones capable of safe and proper firearm ownership/handling. Er, yeah.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

Ahh the annual accidental discharge by a LEO of his Glock, post holiday.

It's amazing how many times a Glock seems to accidentally discharge while cleaning, but only in the hands of a cop.

What sort of a BS story is that anyway. A good cop would have said he was cleaning his weapon at home so it would be ready for work, and that way it is a workman's comp claim.

Just like all those accidental discharges that happen around cops that seem to result in the cops death are also cleaning accidents. It is never that the cop decided to blow his brains out. That way the family gets the insurance money.

Ever wonder why the public is under the mistaken impression Glocks are not safe? It is because stupid cops keep shooting themselves with them, or in the case of NYPD cops shooting others because they are shaking in fear with their fingers inside the guard and the required trigger pull force had to be increased so Barney Fife Jr.wouldn't keep shooting people.

I hear there is a new directive at NYPD specifying that toilet plunger handles have to be changed because one accidentally ended up in the rectum of a Haitian man by mistake.

BTW here is a prime example of a cop being stupid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoNLgZul2CE

And another....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE3QAeYRk-A

Last edited:
I knew a small town NH police chief (now deceased) that shot himself in the thigh while holstering a Colt Delta Elite. Those 10mm's are a NASTY round. He couldn't walk for over a year and it ended his career. I felt sorry for him because he was a really nice guy, just not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree. He actually admitted that he had a "trigger job" done on the Delta before the AD.

From the looks of it he probably pulled the trigger because it is required to remove the slide. Here are a few firearm basics I bet he DIDN't teach his daughter....
-Treat every gun as if it's loaded
-Keep your gun pointed in a safe direction
-Ammo shouldn't be anywhere near your weapon when you are cleaning it

Hell I could teach his daughter how to properly handle firearms.. Hell I even wouldn't mind taking his job now that he will probably be on leave. Lastly, I sure as shit wouldn't mind making what he makes. BONEHEAD

Idiot Cops.....

they are some of the WORST weapons handlers I have ever seen. Yes I have seen plenty of them. Not all of them by any means but a good chunk of them dont deserve to carry a firearm.

Unfreakinreal.......

Back
Top Bottom