Offball request re: Guns & Ammo Mag...

HooVooLoo

NES Member
One of the places they filmed the "Stonado" movie.
Hiyas. Yes, I have considered calling G&A about this, but figured I might get better results here on NES, all things considered...

I am looking for a copy of, or at least the issue number of the mag, of an article I read in a Guns & Ammo magazine from, as best I can recall, 1985-1989.

I believe it was in the "parting shot" section, but could be off on that bit.

The article's topic was about accuracy vs. quantity. IIRC, the article went like this...

A LEO was involved in a shootout-scene with a perp out in public, on a street somewhere. There were a few other LEOs there also, and were all ducked down behind their vehicles, exchanging fire. The author described what he witnessed during this encounter. Paraphrasing out of memory, he wrote, "The young officers were all discharging their 9mm handguns as fast as they could empty them...POP POP POP POP POP!!", with the perp doing the same with his own semi-auto handgun. POP POP POP!

The author then witnessed an older LEO with a .357 mag revolver come out from cover, take dead aim and fired a single shot..."BOOOOMMM!". One well-placed shot and the perp was killed. The author then went on to speak about the benefits of good marksmanship, etc etc.

That is the gist of the article.

If anyone out there recalls this article and has a copy of the G&A, or knows the issue#, send a PM please?

Thanx. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom